Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Signal costs for custom Nexus in SR4
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
OstermanA
I've got the Unwired ebook for SR4 & am trying to build a custom Nexus for an AI character, and the problem I'm running into is... I can't find a cost for signal. I'm probably just being a blind moron, as usual, but all it says in the 'Nexus' section is:
Nexi can be purchased by their individual component costs, given below (Signal is normal cost)

The thing is... I can't find a 'normal cost', in Unwired or in the Core book...

So, am I being blind, and if so could someone point me to the right direction, or was this an oversight by WizKids?
Ragewind
QUOTE (OstermanA @ Oct 18 2008, 07:59 PM) *
I've got the Unwired ebook for SR4 & am trying to build a custom Nexus for an AI character, and the problem I'm running into is... I can't find a cost for signal. I'm probably just being a blind moron, as usual, but all it says in the 'Nexus' section is:

The thing is... I can't find a 'normal cost', in Unwired or in the Core book...

So, am I being blind, and if so could someone point me to the right direction, or was this an oversight by WizKids?

Ya know I am running into the same problem with Unwired. I am trying to find out how much BP the positive qualities for a AI character are but I see no numbers.
OstermanA
Those are listed in a later chapter, "Building a [X]", where X is the alternate PC type. The first section, where I assume you are looking, is info and background, while the hard mechanics are later. I believe there's a reference in the chapter heading, and if not there should be, but there's two sections. Try the other one. Lemme go find a page number...

Edit: AI Qualities, with cost, are listed in a table at the bottom of page 89, Runner's Companion.

Creating a Nexus is in Unwired, and is not directly related to AI. It's just a good idea.
KCKitsune
The cost for the Signal part of commlinks is on page 240 of the Core Rule book.
Ragewind
I really wish I had a BP cost for the Designer PQ.
OstermanA
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Oct 18 2008, 08:15 PM) *
The cost for the Signal part of commlinks is on page 240 of the Core Rule book.

Ah, so I am just blind. Thanks for the pointer.

QUOTE (Ragewind @ Oct 18 2008, 08:43 PM) *
I really wish I had a BP cost for the Designer PQ.

Wha-huh? Please define: Designer PQ
KCKitsune
QUOTE (OstermanA @ Oct 19 2008, 10:06 PM) *
Ah, so I am just blind. Thanks for the pointer.

No problem. That's what these forums are for.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012