Hello again folks,

Since you guys were so helpful last time I asked a question on here I thought I would come back and ask for some opinions on my next GMing quandry (I mean it by the way - its really great to find a forum community that doesn't seem to have degenerated into a haven for trolls and asshats - thanks for that!).

My players now have a few Denver Missions under their belts and are looking to set up shop somewhere off the radar. They are thinking about trying to carve out some space for themselves in the Aurora Warrens based on the description below (from the Commando Weekly segment RobertB sent me a few weeks back).

"The Aurora Warrens have been slated for demolition since the Treaty was first signed. Somehow, though, the demolition always seems to get pushed back another six months. Meanwhile, tribes of urban squatters continue to make their homes in the decrepit high rises that pack the area. Lone Star never patrols here. Instead, go-gangs and syndicates rule the streets. Power and running water are rare luxuries. With the exception of the rare temporary network, it’s all one big wireless dead zone."

So... I'm looking for help and ideas fleshing out the Warrens. I dont want the players to just walk in and take a chunk of it for themselves since I see plenty of play in making them choose sides with local gangs or fight their way in.

This is the first time I have considered running a game night without a 'mission module' though so I'm feeling a little out of my depth and looking for suggestions.

What gangs are present and what agendas might they have?
Why have the Warrens never been demolished and should I plan for that to happen sometime in the future?
Why is the area a wireless dead zone (can't you just set up a transmitter and broadcast or is there some sort of interference I'm missing)?
What sort of spirits might be there?

As always any help or ideas would be appreciated,

Cheers.

.M.