Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Prelude to War
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
fistandantilus4.0
Earthdawn game following the tracks of the Prelude to War Campaign.

Current players are:

Plan B
Taros
SinN

Game is taking place in Earthdawn 1st edition, beginning with the Throal section. All characters are 6th circle from previous games.

Posting Format: Post in colors depending on what type of action is being taken. [ color="type color here"] Text [/color]

Salmon for speech
Aquamarine for thought/inner monologue
Aqua for telepathy (funny that we need to stipulate that
Red for writing
Gold for Rolls or actions
fistandantilus4.0
Step Dice

[ Spoiler ]

Combat Options pg. 200 ED Core 1st edition

[ Spoiler ]

Talent Rank Increase pg 221

[ Spoiler ]

Attribute Increase Table
[ Spoiler ]

Circle advancement
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Cast

King Varulus III, King of Throal
[ Spoiler ]

Prince Neden
[ Spoiler ]

Merrox, Master of the Hall of Records
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Reserved for Locations
fistandantilus4.0
Reserved for Items

Cien
Headband of Kedar the Dark
[ Spoiler ]
fistandantilus4.0
Reserved for Notes
Lady Door
... visiting the tailor, being all emo and sensitive... Dallas, you ARE the Lance of our group. Freaking elves. wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Alright Avril Lavine, wtf are you two misfits gonna do, now that you're chillin in he alley and not posting? Hmmmm?
Lady Door
HOW did *I* become Avril Lavigne?! WTF? No. Very much no. Pfft.
Taros
hahaha, sell out!
SinN
So...If Dal is Lance, and Alysha is Avril (Which is basicly the same thing). Then what am I?
fistandantilus4.0
Mitch, you're blink 182. You're out of date, weren't that good to begin with, and you've crashed and burned.

Oooooohhh....

Really I dunno. I'll come up with something better later.
SinN
Dude, thats harsh...
Taros
no no blink 182 is a good nickname for him!
fistandantilus4.0
*blink...blink*

I'm sorry, what? I must have heard you wrong. Could you say that again? Maybe I missed the sarcasm?
SinN
Arcane Mutterings
The Arcane Mutterings talent allows a character to confuse others by uttering dire and largely incomprehensible warnings. Arcane Mutterings has no effect when used against targets engaged in combat.

The character makes an Arcane Mutterings Test against the target's Social Defense. If the character is attempting to
use the talent against more than one character, he makes the test against the highest Social Defense Rating among the
group, +1 for each additional character.
That becomes the Difficulty Number forthe test. On a Good success or better, the target characters become confused and feel a slight unease. They will take no hostile action while under the effects of Arcane Mutterings as long as no one takeshostile action against them. The effect of Arcane Mutterings lasts a number of rounds equal to the character's Arcane Mutterings Rank. During this time, the character must continually "mutter" or else the effect ends. While suffering from the effects of Arcane Mutterings, the characters are disheartened, which makes them easier to affect using other social talents. If other characters are also attempting to overcome the Social Defense of the targets, add
a bonus equal to the wizard's rank in Arcane Mutterings to any tests he makes for social interaction.
fistandantilus4.0
Taros - your post man.

plan B and SinN- what're you two going to do next?I'm fine with skipping RPing packing for the trip and moving ahead. Just let me know what you want to do.
SinN
Im down for the skipping ahead. Jecht would buy another healing potion. Everyone cool with that?
Lady Door
As I mentioned before, Shal just needs some basic supplies (ink, parchment, etc.) feel free to skip ahead.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012