Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Prelude to War
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
fistandantilus4.0
Of course. One of the scouts from our Exeditionary Forces will be made available to you.
Taros
"Thank you your majesty. As soon as we are done here I will go speak with him."
SinN
Thank you, your Majesty. Your generosity will be remembered. Now, may we take our leave so that we may prepare?
fistandantilus4.0
Again the king nods, looking over the group one last time. If you are prepared to being, then by all means, please do so. I will see to it that the things you require are provided you. We will send our scout Jorum to meet with you at your place of lodging.
Lady Door
"Your Majesty, Master Merrox, ... I assume the items brought back have been fully studied and assensed by the Court Wizard? I can only assume that items that rested so long within such a legendary structure would have some sort of ... Pattern residue within their threads? Has that been fully researched?" It doesn't happen often, but every once in awhile it becomes very clear that Shal'hari does not follow only the Nethermancer Discipline.
fistandantilus4.0
The king looks to Merrox who clears his throatslightly before answering.

What you say is true, such items can have powerful ties. The items in question however are, as was mentioned, essentially "knick knacks". We have a pipe, a mug, a scroll case that contained personal letters to family. The Court Wizard has examined them of course, and found that while some of the items have substantial history, they do not appear to be tied to the lost airshis.
Lady Door
"Hmmm. Pity. I can be ready to leave within the hour. Master Merrox, if you would be so kind as to point me in the direction of a suitable supply shop? I have quills, ink, etc. to purchase before we leave.
fistandantilus4.0
Merrox looks a little confused for a moment, then of all people, the scribe speaks up.
Your pardon nethermancer Shal'hari, might I recommend Barthum's in the Trade district? His quality is excellent. It is what we use here in the Library. I am certain he will provide you a good deal if you mention my name.
Lady Door
Shal'hari nods to the scribe. "Thank you. I will." She looks back to the King. "I believe we are ready to depart, Your Majesty. May we take your leave?"
Taros
"Your Majesty I have all needed supplies back at the Thundra's Best Inn. I will await there for your scout Jorum." Cien looks towards Shal'hari and Jecht. "If my new...companions...would meet there once you are ready to depart, I will be waiting." Cien looks back to the King of Throal. "With your Majesty's permission, I will leave and ready my things."
fistandantilus4.0
King Varulus the III looks them over one last time, taking their measure.
I wish you luck. May the passions guide you, and keep you safe. Until we meet again then, noble adepts. You are dismissed.

The Honor Guardsmen rap their axe butts once heavily on the stone floor as the scrive rises, opening the door from which the adepts entered, and leads them back out into the library proper.
SinN
Jecht waits for Shal'Hari to be ready to go and walks alongside her.

So what do you make of our new "companion?"
Lady Door
Shal'hari seems distracted, not responding at first. It's only after Jecht repeats the question a third time that she even seems to notice he's there.
"What? Oh... the elf? He seems... " she gestures vaguely, "like an elf."
SinN
Something on your mind?
Lady Door
The look she gives him would give lesser men a heart failure. "Oh no... just the possible destruction of my entire clan and the betrayal of our closest allies... nothing too important. How about you? Got anything on YOUR mind?" Her voice drips sarcasm and venom.
SinN
You know, If I didnt care for you so much, I might feel disinclined to help you with that. He grins, only the best he can.
Lady Door
Shal'hari stops dead in her tracks, just hovering for a moment before slowly floating to the ground. She stands there for a good half a minute, her head down. Finally, she flies back up and heads down the hallway, making it a foot before stopping.
"Thank you, Jecht. It's ... nice to know someone... cares." She continues on, never once actually facing Jecht.
SinN
Jecht makes no attempt to acheive eye contact. He knows better. Instead he just nods and smiles.
Of course Shal. Now, what do you suppose we do first? Aside from packing?.....and burning down a bar occupying a few mouthy orcs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012