Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blue Gender
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Czar Eggbert
Has anyone else here watched the anime on Cartoon Network named Blue Gender and thought , "hmmm it's like the scourge minus magic."? I was reading the kaers thread and it just came to me. Think about it. Humanity sent running to Space by intelligent bug like monsters that destroy everthing in their path, constantly fighting to reclaim the earth. Add in magic and you have Shadowrun 5050.

Just a thought
Czar "The Lurker" Eggbert
*wave* Hi all you old 'Landers out there *wave*
Siege
Scourge.

-Siege
Czar Eggbert
yaya I know... but it won't let me edit the topic. Pah!

-CE
Siege
I only mention it because I re-read the bloody thing three times before my brain kicked in. grinbig.gif

-Siege
D.Generate
i don't know perhaps we should worry... the scuge sounds pretty bad too.

Sorry been a long nite and too much rum.

Drink up me hardies YO HO!
Siege
QUOTE (D.Generate)
i don't know perhaps we should worry... the scuge sounds pretty bad too.

Sorry been a long nite and too much rum.

Drink up me hardies YO HO!

Does that make you the "Scuge of the Seven Seas?"

-Siege
spotlite
Yarr, that he be! The scurvyest scuge to ever scourge the seas! Yarrr!

Ahem. Now to show my ignorance. I haven't seen Blue Gender, and I don't have a clue what the 'Scourge' is. I get the feeling I should though. Perhaps I just don't know the term? What is it?
spotlite
Forget it - I just remembered its an Earthdawn thing, ain't it? I really wish I'd played that game...
mfb
it's both. earthdawn is shadowrun's past. when the mana level reaches a certain point, all the monsters come out from under all the beds.
D.Generate
Aye but is it really the past? Or is it truely a cycle? Is time just a loop which is why it repeats itself? And if thats true are we all just doomed again to start over from the begining?

It boggles the mind. Pesonally I don't care either way, if they come I'll be ready. So I'll be leaving you all now I have to go start raking in all that karma. So if any of you have any jobs for a talanted lad such as myself drop me a line you know where to find me.
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (D.Generate)
Aye but is it really the past?  Or is it truely a cycle?  Is time just a loop which is why it repeats itself?  And if thats true are we all just doomed again to start over from the begining? 

Yes. Depends on what "it" you mean. No, but human behaviour is. Nope, heat death.
D.Generate
By "it" I mean the scourge. And everything else is just random babbling from a drunk. I never really know what I'm talking about. But sometimes some one makes sense of all this.
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (D.Generate)
By "it" I mean the scourge.

The Scourge ™ isn't so much a cycle as a season. Hunting season. Happens once a year, for a while, then ends until that time next year. Except the years in this comparison are a bit longer than 365 days.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012