Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Good God It's Like Tanamous Made A Musical
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
DocTaotsu
http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/repo/

Seriously, holy christ it's pretty much just how I imagine them... Perhaps with fewer duets and more ghouls.

Well imagine them in a sort of overtop fantasy way... you get the idea.
ravensmuse
Someone at Gencon cosplayed as one of the characters from this. I remember sitting in the audience going, "what the feck is this from?"

As a note, OGHR from Skinny Puppy's in it.
knasser

And Paris Hilton. And the guy from Buffy. This is going to be so good!
Fortune
Uh huh!
knasser
biggrin.gif
Mickle5125
Why am I so fascinated by this?
pbangarth
Because it could happen?

Peter
Grinder
QUOTE (Mickle5125 @ Oct 24 2008, 08:31 PM) *
Why am I so fascinated by this?

Same here - and I don't even like musicals!
Hagga
Ths is going to stick in my mind and colour everything until it is seen.

And when I see it I'm just going to imagine ghouls chopping up the actors for parts.
knasser

I so hate to plagiarise (or admit that I have), but I think I have to have this character with these cybereyes in my game:

Blind Mag clip.

Anyone got a UK release date for this? I want to see it.

K.
DocTaotsu
Holy crap yes... trideo projector cybereyes are definitely going to make an appearance in a game.

Before I was just curious but now I have to admit I'm going to try and see this the minute I get home in November.
TKDNinjaInBlack
I love twisted musicals.
Machiavelli
QUOTE (knasser @ Oct 23 2008, 09:51 PM) *
And Paris Hilton. And the guy from Buffy. This is going to be so good!

This is sarcasm, isn´t it? It has to be because no mentally sane human would use "paris hilton" and an bad actor from an even worse girly-serial with the word "good" in the same sentence.^^
Grinder
He's a Brit, what do you expect? grinbig.gif
Fortune
I hope this has elves too. biggrin.gif
ravensmuse
QUOTE (Machiavelli @ Oct 27 2008, 03:21 PM) *
This is sarcasm, isn´t it? It has to be because no mentally sane human would use "paris hilton" and an bad actor from an even worse girly-serial with the word "good" in the same sentence.^^

Point the first: for all the shit she gets for being "vapid" "dumb" and "playing with daddy's money", Paris doesn't seem to be all that dumb. She's got a clothing line going strong, she's got various cosmetic lines, a couple of successful reality tv shows (and yes, I'll own up to watching her latest; I like drama). Paris the Ditzy Blonde just seems to be a character for her.

The fact that she dates Benji from Good Charlotte is certainly lol-worthy though. That guy just comes off as creepy.

OTOH, it's nice to see someone else call Buffy a "girl-serial". I've said before I want to do something exceedingly unpleasant to Joss Whedon fans.
pbangarth
Aside from the teen angst, which made me ill, I think Buffy had good points. There was a lot of witty dialogue, humour and decent character development over the course of the series. I'm a guy, and I liked watching Buffy.

There, I said it. Out of the closet.

Peter
ravensmuse
UNCLEAN! UNCLEAN!

(wink.gif)
MK Ultra
I´m not a fan of musicals (at least not on the screen), but I am a fan of Tamanous, so I might risk to watch it cyber.gif

QUOTE (DocTaotsu @ Oct 26 2008, 10:13 PM) *
Holy crap yes... trideo projector cybereyes are definitely going to make an appearance in a game.

Gibson had them before smile.gif

On that Paris note - you don´t have to be 'not stupid' to be successfull wink.gif
Lionhearted
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Oct 27 2008, 10:01 PM) *
Aside from the teen angst, which made me ill, I think Buffy had good points. There was a lot of witty dialogue, humour and decent character development over the course of the series. I'm a guy, and I liked watching Buffy.

There, I said it. Out of the closet.

Peter

When that serie aired for the first time, I think I was about twelve years old.. I only needed one justification.. sure there was other series with "hawt" ladies but I was pretty starved for anything occultish, no matter how bastardized it was.. and how can you NOT get a crush on Willow?
pbangarth
Actually, I jonesed for Fred. That wispy, waify, geniusy kind of pretty worked perfectly for me.

Peter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012