Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nodes in the matrix
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
theadjectivenoun
In SR2 in the matrix part it had a section of what nodes can connect to what nodes like a Data Node can connect to a node and so forth, but in SR4 there is no listing that I have found that gives a list of the nodes in the matrix. Is their a website out their that has this information or did they leave that out in SR4?
Matsci
QUOTE (theadjectivenoun @ Oct 26 2008, 05:28 AM) *
In SR2 in the matrix part it had a section of what nodes can connect to what nodes like a Data Node can connect to a node and so forth, but in SR4 there is no listing that I have found that gives a list of the nodes in the matrix. Is their a website out their that has this information or did they leave that out in SR4?

Tech advanced, and all nodes got wireless, and can connect to any other node, and can be used for any purpose.
hobgoblin
SR2's dungeon of nodes made way to VR2.0's sculpted systems, this was carried over into SR3, then there was the crash 2.0, that gave rise to the wireless matrix in SR4.

in practical terms one went from map to collection of numbers, and then onto a smaller collection of numbers.

what i really like about SR4 tho is that unlike earlier editions, the comlink is no longer just a toolbox for the decker/hacker to carry around. now it has the same basic stats as any other computer.

funny thing is that the stats of the deck is just about the only thing that didnt change between SR2 and SR3.
theadjectivenoun
ok then i have a question if i have a player that wants to go into the matrix to find something how do i do the matrix then since they can basically go to any node
hobgoblin
that would be the matrix search skill.

if its out there and available it will give him what he is looking for, if not it may point him to the relevant node to break into.
Snow_Fox
Yeah the thing about 4th ed decking, and why I think they finally got it right, if that it is much more number crunching.It takes only a few rolls of dice to settle what's going on. The old dungeon crawl that went into decking may have been fun but it resulted in everyone not decking to get mind bogglingly board with the decker tracked down the security SPU or the main CPU etc.
Ravor
However, something to remember is that for security reasons the old tiered networks are still around even in Fourth Edition.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012