Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: An Astral Fever
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Divine Virus
Tama is a one may panopicon.

I tried to juxtapose good ol' small town family values with magic big-brother surveillance.

Because that's cyberpunk.

I mean, that's not ALL cyberpunk is, but its part of cyberpunk.
Karaden
Heh, it comes across very well.

Also 'Her aura had that I'm-going-to-forget-all-my-problems-by-having-my-some-guy-fuck-my-brains-out-while-plastered glow to it.' might just have to go in my signature.
Divine Virus
Feel free, I'd kinda feel honoured.
Karaden
There you go, feel away... or something like that.

Also, love the auntie. Remind me to be wary of your character when assessing though.
Aurelius
Note: I've allowed Divine Virus a custom Adept power, as follow:

Manifest Senses (0.25 power points)
This rare adept power allows an adept with astral projection to project his senses into the physical world. While the adept manifests while astrally projecting, he can use both his physical and astral senses, simultaneously and without any penalties. Normally, a manifesting magician has only his astral senses.
Karaden
I thought that you could see normally when manifesting anyway. I'll go look it up quick.

Doesn't really say one way or the other, so I guess GM call. I certainly don't mind the power, sounds cool.
Divine Virus
We debated this issue some last night, and the FAQ clarified that you cannot normally use physical senses while astral projecting.
JoelHalpern
QUOTE (Divine Virus @ Nov 16 2008, 12:05 AM) *
Tama is a one may panopicon.

I tried to juxtapose good ol' small town family values with magic big-brother surveillance.

Because that's cyberpunk.

I mean, that's not ALL cyberpunk is, but its part of cyberpunk.

That is an impressive piece of writing.

Quite a number of the introductions are really good. I will do my best, but no way I am going to be able to keep up with some of you on depth of character or writing. (Among other things, in regular games it has usually taken several, sometimes many, sessions to get a good handle on my character and how he thinks / reacts.)

This looks to be fun,
Joel
Zaranthan
My character's a work in progress, too. Despite what I've written so far, I'm going to do a LOT of development as I interact with everyone else. To me, a character's background isn't complete until he retires. Something can always come up in the course of an adventure that leads to good exposition.

Anyone who's ever railed against munchkins can tell you that the best characters are organic, rather than scientifically min-maxed to the extreme. Yet, these same people will come to the table with a novel describing their character. How boring! Where's the room to grow? Where's the personal development? The best characters start with a personality, a few stats to get the game rolling, and are then shaped by their experiences. THAT'S my definition of organic.
Karaden
Calling Divine Virus' character boring? biggrin.gif

I do understand what you mean though, if your character has had too many trials and tribulations before game even starts he doesn't have much room for new ones. Of course you can have a nice long backstory without setting your character in stone. Tama is a good example of this. He's gone into extreme, exhaustive, inclusive, excessive, exceptional detail on one day but hasn't had him go through a bunch of character defining experiences.

So yeah, he has a good set character, but with room for growth.

Edit: My character mostly just has 'very very very angry and irritable' set right now.
Zaranthan
*snore*
Mickle5125
*steals his wallet*
Zaranthan
Congratulations! You found:

Two dollars
Two expired rainchecks from Foodtown
A worn-out, illegible business card
A AAA card
A college ID with someone else's photo on it
Mickle5125
Woo! two dollars richer than I was before. which increases my networth by 200% I'm really coming up in the world.
Zaranthan
*shoots you right in the face for your dollar*

Hah! What now?
Mickle5125
A pity I've already spent it!
Zaranthan
Since it's come up, my character's flatulence smells like rose petals. It's hard to pick out under the 40 hours' worth of grit from riding around, though.

Oh, and Mickle, I'll be recouping my losses through the organleggers. How many spleens did you have left, again?
Divine Virus
Okay, for each person I am going a an observe in detail preception check, an assessing check, and lasting a scent based perception test.

The DP for all rolls are as follows:
(1) Assessing: Intuition 5+Assessing 6+ Enhanced Perception 5= 16 dice Results
(2) Observe in detail (normal): Intuition 5+ perception 4+ Enhanced perception 5 + tech 3+ OiD 3= 20 dice Results
(3) Observe in Detail (scent): Intuition 5+ perception 4+ Enhanced perception 5 + OiD 3= 17 dice Results
So.
Asmodeus (1) 5 hits (2) 5hits (3) 6hits

Razel (1) 5hits (2) 8hits (3) 4hits

Jacque Noire (1) 1hits (2) 7hits (3) 5hits

Denic (1) 3hits (2) 8hits (3) 5hits

Robbie (1) 4hits (2) 8hits (3) 7hits

Bone Eagle (1) 5h (2) 7h (3) 5hits

This takes 30 seconds. Would normally only take 15, but I am down my enhanced reflexes right now. Stupid static.
Zaranthan
Is anybody still playing?
Mickle5125
We believe the GM is having computer difficulties. It's been covered in the recruitment topic
Karaden
I could give in to my natural distrust of snakes and blast the naga that just slithered in through the door. That could be fun for everyone. You know, until the GM gets back of course.

P.S. For the GM when he does get back. Did the watcher spirits that were with me pop too?
Divine Virus
I get the impressio that Bone Eagle expects us to mingle amongst ourselves for a bit. Why not do that? I was going to start, but I went out of town for a few days. Give me another few days and I will get the ball rolling, unless someone else wants to first.
Also, I trust all of you to give me whatever you feel is appropriate in terms of assessing and perception results.
Zaranthan
I'd put more money on the fact that Aurelius hasn't even logged in since November, and thus doesn't know the game's ready to move on. I'd be happy to be chatty, though. It gets boring playing a bunch of stoic "professionals" on every first run.
Karaden
QUOTE (Divine Virus @ Dec 9 2008, 07:53 PM) *
I get the impressio that Bone Eagle expects us to mingle amongst ourselves for a bit. Why not do that? I was going to start, but I went out of town for a few days. Give me another few days and I will get the ball rolling, unless someone else wants to first.
Also, I trust all of you to give me whatever you feel is appropriate in terms of assessing and perception results.

I keep meaning to PM you the results of all those rolls you made. I'll get on it... soonish.

As for the stoic professionals, my characters silence if it continues will be more one of those brooding teenage silences more then a professional kind.

Very much a spoiled child and so lacking in the 'growing up' department.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012