Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weird spell foci/anchors.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Phaeton
This is where you can list all the weird things you've used as spell foci, weapon foci, spell anchors, etc... cool.gif

Personally, I'd love to anchor a Nova spell or the like to a volleyball and call it the Calvinball. biggrin.gif
Sahandrian
A spell focus for Powerbolt, in the form of a bow. The mage's powerbolts took the form of glowing arrows. See the cover of SRC for where I got that idea.
Phaeton
Ice cube tray as an ice sheet foci/anchor.

Fuzzy slippers as anchors for the Stealth spell.

Slingshot for a Fling spell.

Ancient History
shotgun anchoring focus (fireball, trigger: pull the trigger)
Ol' Scratch
I'm a huge fan of spell fetishes, usually tailored to the character's style of magic. Here's a few I've used from various character types in the past:

Combat Sense/Deflect: Lucky rabbit's foot.
Control Actions: Voodoo doll.
Increased Reflexes: Antique Mickey Mouse wristwatch (usually used as the sustaining focus instead).
Laser: Toy laser pistol (Chaos mage).
Magic Fingers: VR glove (Chaos mage).
Mind Probe: That huge gizmo Doc Brown was wearing in Back to the Future (Chaos mage).
Stunbolt/Stunball (Sleep variants): Small pouch full of sand sprinkled at the targets.
Wind: Paper fan.

My chaos magician also used a summoning circle that was composed of a laser projector and carefully arranged mirrors and prisms.
Phaeton
QUOTE (Doctor Funkenstein)
I'm a huge fan of spell fetishes, usually tailored to the character's style of magic. Here's a few I've used from various character types in the past:

Combat Sense/Deflect: Lucky rabbit's foot.
Control Actions: Voodoo doll.
Increased Reflexes: Antique Mickey Mouse wristwatch (usually used as the sustaining focus instead).
Laser: Toy laser pistol (Chaos mage).
Magic Fingers: VR glove (Chaos mage).
Mind Probe: That huge gizmo Doc Brown was wearing in Back to the Future (Chaos mage).
Stunbolt/Stunball (Sleep variants): Small pouch full of sand sprinkled at the targets.
Wind: Paper fan.

My chaos magician also used a summoning circle that was composed of a laser projector and carefully arranged mirrors and prisms.

@ the laser projector thing...

eek.gif love.gif biggrin.gif
northern lights
no anchors or foci. but i just made a troll bull shaman with some cool fetishes.

heal - vial of bull's blood
manabolt - blue painted crossbow bolt
powerball - powerball lottery ball

analyze truth - a set of scales
detect enemy - a knife
detect life - stethescope
compell truth - magnifying glass

also had a friend use a snoglobe for chaotic world
Catsnightmare
My chaos mage used custom designed cards as expendable spell foci. They were a design mix of tarot card, playing card, with his own artistic design elements included.
Cain
One character I allowed in my game was an awakened puma. His foci ended up being right out of the Petco catalog-- his sustaining focus was a collar, and his expendible foci were squeaky toys. (The rating-10 expendible combat focus was the start of it-- it got nicknamed the squeaky ball of doom. rotfl.gif )
Zazen
I had an NPC ganja shaman who used joints as expendable foci (and taking hits as centering, etc). When he brought out the "Godfather" it was time to run.
Phaeton
QUOTE (Zazen)
I had an NPC ganja shaman who used joints as expendable foci (and taking hits as centering, etc). When he brought out the "Godfather" it was time to run.

rotfl.gif rotfl.gif grinbig.gif biggrin.gif
Hasaku
There was this one initiate who had a force 10 powerbolt (don't ask) anchored to a child's plastic toy gun. The ultimate surprise weapon, to say the least.
toturi
Armour spell anchored to underwear, new meaning to armoured clothing.
Sunday_Gamer
I have squeaky purple plastic monkey!! It's a fetish for all my spells!!

Kong

PS: It's not really a focus for anything, I just like to pretend it is.
Nargrakhan
Hmmm... I suppose really weird would be an S&M type using sex toys...

Not that I've ever done that before... HONEST!!!
Phaeton
QUOTE (Nargrakhan)
Hmmm... I suppose really weird would be an S&M type using sex toys...

Not that I've ever done that before... HONEST!!!

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuure you haven't... rotfl.gif nyahnyah.gif silly.gif
Phaeton
QUOTE (toturi)
Armour spell anchored to underwear, new meaning to armoured clothing.

It's FUNDERWEAR!!! rotfl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012