Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Everything Old is New Again
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Lady Door
Okay, so here goes. OOC Thread for EONA. (I'm throwing out random acronyms just for Ben. Gotta love military-speak.)

Game Information:

Game is taking place in Seattle. Spring of 2071. Already in play are an Awakened Chaos Mage, and a Street Sam type.

Cast of Players:
Fist o' Doom
SinN
Oenone
**Game effectively closed... unless you have a character idea that is so completely fantabulous that I must have it for my very own.**

Character Stuff:

*500 BP using Frank Trollman's character creation rules
[ Spoiler ]
or I'm open to the karma creation system from the new Runner's Companion.
*No cap on negative/positive qualities
*Create your own contacts so I don't have too and I'll gift free knowledge skill BP

House Rules:
[ Spoiler ]

For anything else, see me.

Posting Whatnot:

Colors:
Salmon is for Speaking
Aquamarine is for Thinking
Red is for AR/Text Messages
Purple is for Handwritten Messages
Gold is for Rolls, Spells, all action-y type things
and just for the sake of completeness:
Aqua is for telepathy
Lady Door
Reserved for Cast of Characters
Lady Door
Reserved for Locations, Locations, Locations
Oenone
I might be interested in playing, I have a vatjob social bunny to hand, although I'd need to update her and shift the BP costs to take into account Franks rules.

(Speaking of which, do they remove free knowledge skills? Or just make them cheaper to buy in general?)
Lady Door
The knowledge skill changes are in addition to the free knowledge skill points granted at creation.
Oenone
Cool. I'll get the sheet finished up asap for you to take a look at then.

Will you be running any other house rules? (Mainly I ask in regard to the empathy sensor software and emotitoys)
Fortune
FrankTrollman's rules still use 'free knowledge skills', and most of the other normal chargen rules. Plan B listed most of the changes in the spoiler, although there are several other minor ones as well.
fistandantilus4.0
Oenone - Just keep in mind our prodigious post rate. SinN, Plan B (she's my wife, lucky me! , and I are all close friends, so we tend to chat a lot online as well. We always like new people, and a face could be really cool. We can just be hard for people with real lives to keep up with sometimes (except for our inevitable lazy bouts).
Lady Door
Fortune - if you would be so kind as to let me know what those minor changes are I would appreciate it. biggrin.gif

Edit: I edited the original post to include our house rules.
Fortune
I gave you a link in my last post. nyahnyah.gif wink.gif

Contacts are a semi-major change, as well as costs (both price and essence) of Wired Reflexes higher than level 1. Various other little bits and pieces are covered in the thread I linked. smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Way to be, Glenny-On-The-Spot.

I'm making you one of my contacts. wink.gif
Oenone
QUOTE (fistandantilus4.0 @ Oct 29 2008, 08:46 PM) *
Oenone - Just keep in mind our prodigious post rate.

Hmmmmmmmm how fast is a prodigious post rate? Several every hour every day?

(I can probably manage this every night except Tuesday, although I am in GMT which I guess could cause problems if you'll need people to be active while I'd be forced to sleep... Someone really should get thier acts together and make a RL sleep regulator.)

Edit - Erm, and providing this is indeed going to be okay, I probably should have asked which city is the setting and are you running all suppliments? Because I have the urge to try restricted gear and a bunch of the identity shifting stuff from Augmentation. (A face with a morphing face, fingerprints & retina's... pretty much the full works)
Lady Door
I just noticed that, Fortu-itous. Thank you. wink.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (fistandantilus4.0 @ Oct 30 2008, 07:55 AM) *
I'm making you one of my contacts.

I thought I already was! frown.gif
Lady Door
Hmmmmmmmm how fast is a prodigious post rate? Several every hour every day?

We tend to have posting "spurts" ... such as now, really. I will try and gather together a somewhat loose schedule of when everyone is available... and then cry when everyone completely shoots it to pieces. *grumble* But, we'll do what we can to accomodate everyone.

(Though really, everyone SHOULD be accomodating me. I'm the one with newborn twins, after all.)
Mickle5125
Oh how I wish I could join you guys... sadly, with the number of games I have going on right now, I doubt that I'll be able to keep up with the posting rate you have... *sad*
krayola red
QUOTE (Plan B @ Oct 29 2008, 01:01 PM) *
(Though really, everyone SHOULD be accomodating me. I'm the one with newborn twins, after all.)

Hey, congratulations! smile.gif

Holy shit, the old smiley is back. Woo hoo!
Oenone
Hmmm. Well I'd be willing to try if you are!
(Even if spending 500 BP with Franks costings seems like kid in a candy store overload. Especially with the extra nuyen per BP...)
Lady Door
QUOTE (krayola red)
Hey, congratulations!

Thank you. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (oenone)
Even if spending 500 BP with Franks costings seems like kid in a candy store overload. Especially with the extra nuyen per BP...)

Isn't it wonderful? *dreamy eyed*
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Oenone @ Oct 29 2008, 05:07 PM) *
Hmmm. Well I'd be willing to try if you are!
(Even if spending 500 BP with Franks costings seems like kid in a candy store overload. Especially with the extra nuyen per BP...)

And I still always manage to go over and have to prune. *sigh*
Oenone
Might have been missed because I pulled an edit on a post, but any problems with using the restricted gear quality from RC?

And which city/country should I assume? For things like native languages, area knowledges and suchlike.
Lady Door
Oh, and because it does bear saying... I tend to run games more in a "slice of life" type of setting rather then a "go here, do this, get Item A" type of setting. Lots of character involvement, lots of interesting NPC's showing up for no real reason, life outside of the run, etc. ... sooo... if that doesn't seem like your particular flavor of soycaf... let me know.
Lady Door
Might have been missed because I pulled an edit on a post, but any problems with using the restricted gear quality from RC?

Nope.

And which city/country should I assume? For things like native languages, area knowledges and suchlike.

Seattle, UCAS. Spring of 2071. (So, buy a raincoat... )
Fortune
QUOTE (fistandantilus4.0 @ Oct 30 2008, 08:16 AM) *
And I still always manage to go over and have to prune.

You and me both! biggrin.gif

I'm tempted to join, but you guys took all the good parts already. frown.gif

Besides, y'all are probably sick of me by now. nyahnyah.gif biggrin.gif
Oenone
QUOTE (Plan B @ Oct 29 2008, 09:19 PM) *
Seattle, UCAS. Spring of 2071. (So, buy a raincoat... )

I totally missed that from your first post. Doh!

A raincoat huh? I was planning on spending 4000 nuyen simply on assorted uniforms, but I think to take into account the rain I might shift things around a little and buy some mundane clothing too. Can't have the face's business suit getting wet now can we?
Lady Door
Besides, y'all are probably sick of me by now

Sick of you?! Never. Perish the very thought.
Lady Door
A raincoat huh? I was planning on spending 4000 nuyen simply on assorted uniforms, but I think to take into account the rain I might shift things around a little and buy some mundane clothing too. Can't have the face's business suit getting wet now can we?

You're from England. Get a nice Burberry and call it good. wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Damn it Fortune! You can't join! I already wrote up your contact info!

QUOTE (Fisty's char sheet)
Fortune - Elven Decker 4/3 - Something of an “old man of the matrix�, Fortune is the kind of person that everyone jokes must be FastJack’s brother. While not having prodigious decking ability, Fortune simply seems to know EVERYONE, at least in the various data havens around the world. He’s good at digging up data as well, but his main talent lays with knowing the right person to introduce you to. All he asks is that you listen to his stories (read: Old Man Tales)
Fortune
Great! Then I'll send you my Dragon PC. biggrin.gif

Edit: Very nice, Fistine. I love it ... err ... me ... umm ... him. smile.gif
Lady Door
QUOTE (He can't be serious...)
Great! Then I'll send you my Dragon PC

*blink, blink* ...
Fortune
You'll love him! He's great!

Um, well ... not actually Great, but great none-the-less. biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
He's ... very ..very good
Oenone
Unless your npc's are fond of ketchup no doubt.

Edit - Where'd you like the character posting? Just on here with spoiler tags?

Working on background now, but I figured you might want chance to view the actual crunch stuff first. (I tried ensure I wasn't being too broken by buying, what is by most runner standards, huge numbers of knowledge skills and languages. Speaking of which are you running Chinese as a language? Or one language for Cantonese etc)
Lady Door
Go ahead and send your character sheet to me via PM. I like to keep character abilites on the DL until people discover them for themselves in game. And, honestly, the more knowledge skills the better. It lends to better roleplaying.
As far as Language skills go... I'm of two minds about this. So, for simplicity's sake... take Chinese but if you want to specialize is a specific dialect then do so.
fistandantilus4.0
Oenone - she loves lots of knowledge skills, and this game will be your best chance to go nuts with them. So do so. smile.gif
Oenone
Well, I didn't have points for everything I wanted knowledge wise. Couldn't fit in ranks of Esperanto for a start!
fistandantilus4.0
But at least you're branching out biggrin.gif

Oenone, do you have an MSN messenger account? It would behoove you with this group. smile.gif
Oenone
I do indeed, want me to PM my details?
fistandantilus4.0
My info is on my user profle on DS< but I PMd it anyway, as well as Plan Bs.

Can't remember SinN's
fistandantilus4.0
Opening Post

This character is a rebuild of a character I played a long time ago and retired. Street mage and old school rocker character on the side, I focused less on the rocker side this time around. Apparently Plan B really took him out of retirement.

Dystopian Paradise was one of the songs he wrote. Think Gangsta's Paradise, with rock music, a little more like Everlast's style, Tool style instrumentals. That's the style he used. Music about the downtrodden and destitute, differences in social castes, etc.

Tempest, I always imagined, was like Metallica's Batteryp/i] or maybe Three Day's Grace [i]Animal Ive become being made into a hot "Let's Get it On"
Lady Door
Okay, Ben, Mitch... I'm going to have you both make a series of "performance" rolls. Charisma + Skill + Street Cred + any applicable specialization or quality, etc. I'm going to average the rolls to see how you do as a group and how you do one on one.

Go for it. smile.gif
fistandantilus4.0
perfomance
[ Spoiler ]

http://www.otherrealm.net/sr/
= 7 hits
Oenone
*Dohs* I just noticed the perception roll I was making was sight based, not sound. And thus should be considerably lower DP. Bleh. (For some reason I seemed to have been under the impression it was a test to hear the conversation better. Which'll teach me to do overtime at work at the expense of my sleep....)
fistandantilus4.0
All these random women out of nowhere has me worried. Of course, ignorance is bliss. Hopefully.
SinN
Out of game, Im very worried. In game, Hood thinks: Women? Alot of them? Fucking Sweet!?
fistandantilus4.0
Character Physical Description

Havoc is a human male in his early twenties, standing at an even six feet, with a medium build. His blonde hair is worn kept short, if a little raggedly trimme. He tends to wear clothes that are more conservative, not likely to draw attention to him. A bit more traditional in some ways, he tends to wear AR glasses instead of contacts. He says it's because the idea of contacts bothers him, but really he just think it makes him look more sophisitaced. He has a number of tattoos, including a taoist yin yang on the inside of his right forearm, and an enochian saying inscribed on his rear right shoulder, and a number of nano tattoos that change regularly in other various places.

Example:
http://www.comicartcommunity.com/gallery/d...amp;mode=search
SinN
Physical description of Hood

For starters, think Micky from Snatch. Except with out the extremely hard to understand accent, though he does have an Irish accent.

For anyone who hasnt seen Snatch(Climb out from under your fraggin rock)
In his early 20's. He stands at about 6'4, and 260 pounds. Built similar to the wrestler Triple H. He has brown spikey/messy hair, with a red tint to it. He usually has a five o clock shadow going on and is normally wearing a muscle shirt. His arms are covered in tattoos. Whenever anyone comments on them, he enjoys the line,"Ive got em in other places too." Which is normally followed by a wicked smile, and/or a wink.

Hoods personality is that of humor. He loves women and considers himself to be a bit of a ladies man. He's charismatic, and good looking and has a bit of an ego from it. Thrill seeker doesnt quite cover it. Hood is crazy. He loves the action that comes with being a runner, and as a musician.
Lady Door
QUOTE (SinN)
fraggin rock

Fraggle Rock... *mad giggles*
Oenone
Just to check, Tallulah is currently last on the initiative order with the 8 right? (I wanted to be sure before I posted up anything)
fistandantilus4.0
Looks like I screwed myself. I totally forgot that this was a starting version of this character, and went back and rolled his drain, all physical because of his lower than I remembered attribute. Took a lot of Drain.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012