Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ghost Cartels, the good, the bad, the ugly
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Cang
Alright, so i just had a chance to read through most Ghost Cartels and i think this will be a nice way to applaud and critique the book.

The Good;
I really enjoyed this book. Even though the story fluff will probable be only read by Gms, its a really cool story. I loved the shadowtalk, like in emergence, where you have conflict and interaction with the personalities of jack point.
I also liked the fact that its run as a background to your day to day in your own campaign. It brings flavor into the world and even if you don't use the missions in the book themselves, you can still play out the happens and troubles of the book as world fluff.
Being that the book is written in story mode, i really appreciated the week by week time line so i know when things are happening in the world. It cleared up the story a lot.
I also like the fact that tempo has a sort of mundane and corporate story to it, and it also has an occult and magical background that arnt necessarily connected. That way you can run it from either both angles are just the one you want to highlight depending on your campaign.

The Bad;
Even though i loved the shadowtalk, i kinda got lost on what was happening with Haze and what happened to Fatima. I felt like i missed something.
There were some editing problems in the book but even though it bothers me it doesnt stop me from enjoying the book.
It was kinda disappointed that the fact that Brackhaven won was slipped into this book, almost as common knowledge. Maybe i missed something but i am pretty sure this is the first time it came up. I dont know if that is a fault of this book or not, but i wish this news was delivered in a better way, Of course i know that 4e isnt gonna focus on just Seattle anymore so we wont have 4 books just to update Seattle.

The Ugly;
Nothing really ugly in this one, i liked the art and the layout wasnt bad, but im sure some others will disagree with me. I am relieved that the writers didn't do the classic mistake of assuming that Amazonia and Brazil as Spanish speaking countries. As a Portuguese speaking Brazilian American, i had my eye on that. cyber.gif
Fortune
The Brackhaven win was alluded to in Runner Havens (I believe, but it might have been Emergence), when it was mentioned that one of his Bills (or whatever) was passed.
Prime Mover
He (Brackhaven) also gets a mention in RC if remeber the shadowtalk he had given a speech to a humanis group.
Synner
Brackhaven's imminent victory was offered up in Emergence after Joey D. pulled out of the race. Brackhaven's hardline stance on technomancers and security during the height of the craze served him well in getting elected - staying in office is going to be a challenge though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012