Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How big is a Horizon-Doble Revolution monocycle?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tyro
Could it fit into a building? Like an average corp corridor? Stairs might be a problem, because you'd have to turn around on a tiny little landing. Thoughts?
The Jopp
I would gess that for a normal metahuman around two meters tall up to two and a half for trolls. Width whouldn't be more than 1-1,5 meters.

There could be problem fitting through a narrow office door. Hight shouldnt be a problem as most offices have a three meter ceiling - doorframes are usually around two meters.
Zaranthan
I always called it a 6-foot-diameter circle. Design your corporate offices accordingly.
Rotbart van Dainig
Only if those buildings are designed for trolls and people with disabilities in mind.

So most Evo Buildings should be fine.
Drogos
Technically, wouldn't that thing be able to turn on a dime? It is just a giant smart tire after all. I personally would say that it would fit in most main hallways in a buidling, but it would have to mow down the cube farms to manuever in the side corridors. Of course, my runner's try to be subtle when in buildings they aren't supposed to be in, so...
The Jopp
An alternative solution for the "drive&Carry" approach to your means of transporations is:

Large Troll
Monobike with Smartwheel & Melee Hardening
Improvised Melee weapon skill with specialization Monobike

The troll can ride it up stairs and carry it on his back on a sling and whack people on the head with it. rotfl.gif
knasser
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Oct 31 2008, 11:19 AM) *
The troll can ride it up stairs and carry it on his back on a sling and whack people on the head with it. rotfl.gif

Fit it with spikes to make the Troll Hula-Hoop of Death.

O

You know... for Shadowrunners. wink.gif
Drogos
I tried not laughing at that one, and I couldn't help myself. I may just have to make a rigger based on that one phrase alone. biggrin.gif
DocTaotsu
CorpsSec Loss Prevention Team Reviewing Footage From Run:
"What the FUCK is that?!"
"...it's like... a Hula-Hoop of Death"
"Mother of god..."
Tarantula
Just dress the troll in a spandex suit and have his callsign be "Simmons".
knasser
QUOTE (Drogos @ Nov 3 2008, 11:59 AM) *
I tried not laughing at that one, and I couldn't help myself. I may just have to make a rigger based on that one phrase alone. biggrin.gif

Maybe you should. It was only as I posted that I realised what an excellent set of runs you could get out of the plot of that movie. It's got everything you need - infiltration, stock manipulation, revolutionary (literally) new technologies... I'm already converting it. If my players work out what they're playing though, they're going to kill me. grinbig.gif
hobgoblin
ok, now im feeling left out of the cultural loop here...
Drogos
In the hoop wink.gif
knasser
QUOTE (Drogos @ Nov 3 2008, 07:05 PM) *

Wow! Just how many spoilers can you get in one trailer? I got a friend to watch it a few months ago and I refused to let her see the cover or read the back. She forgave me after the initial scene where the CEO resigns. grinbig.gif I love that bit. She liked the "for kids" too.

Yep, definitely going to do this one as a Shadowrun module. See if I can time it for the holiday season.
DocTaotsu
Man you could even throw in the odd astral quest too...

God that really is a fantastic setup for a run smile.gif
knasser
QUOTE (DocTaotsu @ Nov 3 2008, 07:38 PM) *
Man you could even throw in the odd astral quest too...

God that really is a fantastic setup for a run smile.gif

Wow! Of course! Because remember - astral quests take zero actual real world time so it fits perfectly. To access the quest you just have to fall 44 floors...

Now I have to stat Moses and the Bald Man as free spirits! Thank you!

K.
Drogos
I would be highly interested to see the way you take it. If you qouldn't mind sharing it, I know I'd like to see the write up.
DocTaotsu
Hehe...

But where do you throw it in? Do you throw it in at the end or do you use it to set the story up?

I'd imagine you'd want to put it at the end... otherwise I'm fairly certain your players will catch on to what you're doing.
knasser
QUOTE (DocTaotsu @ Nov 3 2008, 07:47 PM) *
I'd imagine you'd want to put it at the end... otherwise I'm fairly certain your players will catch on to what you're doing.

Well they haven't realised that the rival runner team is actually Charlie's Angels, yet. grinbig.gif

I'll write this up to share. I currently have two other ones I'm writing up for you all though, so you'll have to be patient.
Tyro
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Oct 31 2008, 04:19 AM) *
An alternative solution for the "drive&Carry" approach to your means of transporations is:

Large Troll
Monobike with Smartwheel & Melee Hardening
Improvised Melee weapon skill with specialization Monobike

QFT.

I'm working on a paraplegic rigger/hacker, and I wanted something more robust than a PMV for him to follow the runner group in. I know the trick of making a Shin-Hyung sedan into a walker with 20 armor, but that just seems too ridiculous for me.
Platinum Dragon
I would expect a human-sized monowheel to only be about 1.5m tall, considering you'd still be leaning forward with your legs over the side, like a regular bike, so yes, it should be fine indoors, and with the decent pilot skill, you should be able to drive it up stairs (I thought that was the whole point of that thing...).
Tyro
I'm going to use this topic as ammo if I ever have to convince a GM. Thank you so much smile.gif
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Platinum Dragon @ Nov 5 2008, 05:59 AM) *
I would expect a human-sized monowheel to only be about 1.5m tall, considering you'd still be leaning forward with your legs over the side, like a regular bike, so yes, it should be fine indoors, and with the decent pilot skill, you should be able to drive it up stairs (I thought that was the whole point of that thing...).

your sure your not mixing cyclops with the revolution?

the cyclops is the motorized version of the classical balancing act cycle, where one sit on top of a single wheel.

the revolution is where one sit inside the wheel, or maybe rather a circular thread.
Tyro
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Nov 5 2008, 04:43 AM) *

the cyclops is the motorized version of the classical balancing act cycle, where one sit on top of a single wheel.

the revolution is where one sit inside the wheel, or maybe rather a circular thread.

You're still bent in half in the Revolution. I'd call it about 2m tall; I'm about that height, and it looks like something I could fit into if it were my height.

On another note, it's supposed to have a lot of armor, but there are no doors. Might one assume that there are doors for the sides, especially if one has brought its armor up to TWELVE?

I suppose I still have my cocoon to protect me if not...
Lionhearted
QUOTE (Platinum Dragon @ Nov 5 2008, 05:59 AM) *

The purpose of the Giant Tire bike is quite obvious, they even state it in the description
"To totally and utterly dominate! chicken racing!" biggrin.gif
Tyro
How common are these things supposed to be in your average sprawl? It could make getaways trickier if I was the only one piloting a Giant Wheel of Doom ™ within 20 klicks.
Lionhearted
on that que.. Can you get a giant SPIKED tire madmax style? that would be so totally awesome biggrin.gif
Zaranthan
My games always have a standing rule: if it's in Mad Max, it's approved. Of course, I only get to GM D&D, so that leads to endless shenanigans. Doing it in SR is easy mode.
Platinum Dragon
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Nov 5 2008, 10:43 PM) *

My comment was about the Horizon Double-Revolution / Yamaha Maru / etc. The monowheel. (Yeah, I know the cyclops also has only one wheel, but it's just some dinky segway wannabe. It doesn't count).

QUOTE (Tyro @ Nov 5 2008, 10:47 PM) *
You're still bent in half in the Revolution. I'd call it about 2m tall; I'm about that height, and it looks like something I could fit into if it were my height.

On another note, it's supposed to have a lot of armor, but there are no doors. Might one assume that there are doors for the sides, especially if one has brought its armor up to TWELVE?

I suppose I still have my cocoon to protect me if not...

Considering how you'd likely sit in it, I still think the interior of the wheel would only need to be about 1.2 m diameter to comfortably seat a tall person. Add 15 cm on either side for the wheel, and you're looking at 1.5 m. I'd say 1.8 m at most.

Also, the bike's armour is for the bike. It quite obviously gives the rider bugger all in the way of protection.

QUOTE (Tyro @ Nov 5 2008, 10:52 PM) *
How common are these things supposed to be in your average sprawl? It could make getaways trickier if I was the only one piloting a Giant Wheel of Doom ™ within 20 klicks.

Considering the pricing, and the fact that it's one of only four motorbike options (one of which is the cyclops, and who'd be caught dead on one of those?) I'd say it and other bikes like it would be reasonably common. Looks like it'd be a mid-range luxury bike.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012