Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Invoking
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
pbangarth
In SM, page 57, the last step in Invoking a spirit is to do an Invoking Test, the dice pool for which is Magic + Binding. I am pretty sure a Power focus applies, as it's description is worded "...all tests in which the magician's Magic is included." (SR4 p. 192)

The Binding Focus description (SR4 p. 191) says it applies when Binding,and the Mentor spirit bonus is for Binding Tests (eg. Snake) (SR4 p. 194) , so I assume they do not apply to the Invoking Test. Is this correct?

Peter
Ryu
I would agree with both. Invoking is just a special form of binding IMO.
WeaverMount
IMO a binding test is any test that uses binding
knasser

Thirded, for what it's worth.
Jaid
based on dev responses relating to what makes something a vehicle skill test, i'm going to have to agree that any test which uses your binding skill is a binding test.
pbangarth
QUOTE (Jaid @ Nov 1 2008, 01:14 AM) *
based on dev responses relating to what makes something a vehicle skill test, i'm going to have to agree that any test which uses your binding skill is a binding test.

That sounds interesting, Jaid. I'll look into that precedent. If you have a handy reference, I would appreciate it.

Peter
Jaid
'fraid not really. you're gonna be looking for a very old thread, the topic was about the cyborg rules in augmentation (the basic rules for how to handle cyborgs) iirc. it could be in one of the 'ask the developers about _____' threads if you're lucky... but i think it was more from an offhand comment made somewhere by one of the devs in a discussion on rigging anthroform drones.
pbangarth
'Kay, thanks, Jaid.

Peter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012