Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Warding Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
TheOOB
I have a question about wards. Does a ward surrond it's area, or does it fill it?

Lets say a mage puts a ward on a 5 by 5 room. Now I know that if I try to cast a spell from outside the room to a target inside the room(or on the other side of the room, I take a penalty, and in order for me to get an astral form into the room I'm going to have to push through/destroy the ward/mask the form.

But what if I'm standing in the room. Can I astrally project, can I cast a spell on another object in the room without penalty...what about outside the room?
Hagga
Think of it as a wall around the room. THe inside is quite hollow.
kzt
Whether you can freely pass through it or cast through it from the inside depends on whether you are the creator or permitted by the creator or have spoofed their astral sig. Otherwise it opposes you.
pbangarth
The ward surrounds an area, so as long as you stay inside and act inside, you don't conflict with the ward. This applies on both the material and astral planes.

Peter
TheOOB
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Nov 2 2008, 01:04 AM) *
The ward surrounds an area, so as long as you stay inside and act inside, you don't conflict with the ward. This applies on both the material and astral planes.

Peter

Thats what I thought. We had a situation where I had to go into a warded room and got into a fight while I was in there and we had trouble figuring out if my spells where still effective.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012