Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anthroform walker drones
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Bobson
So, I'm trying to make a SR4 rigger who pilots anthroform drones, and I'm getting confused by the listings in Arsenal.

Example: The Mitsuhama Otomo
It comes with Cyborg Adaptation, but I'm not using it as a cyborg.
It has no pilot rating.
It has a body of 6, which is higher than standard drones that are bigger than it (which cap out at body of 4).

I know it's built for cyborgs rather than to be rigged, but given that it is listed as a drone, I ought to be able to rig it remotely the same way a cyborg can rig it from inside. So, the questions:

Do I need to install a rigger adaptation? Does the Cyborg Adaptation include it? Or would it be a reasonable GM's opinion that swapping the two at no cost is acceptable?

Can I install a pilot program? Is it possible to get a pilot that wouldn't have penalties for being too different?

I'm assuming that all humanoid drones automatically include "2 mechanical arms" as standard (included) upgrades even though they're not listed. Are these as cyberware-able as normal cyberarms?

Jaid
cyborgs explicity control their bodies by rigging.

yes, you can buy a pilot program. even a pilot program specifically for the otomo.

and iirc the arsenal errata gives 2 mechanical arms to all the humanoid anthroform drones.

Uli
Yes, it would be reasonable to swap the cyborg with the rigger adaption.

Pilot programs are also great for cyborgs; they can watch over the body when the cyborg takes downtime alone and even fight or flee with it.

And yes, mechanical arms are in the errata.
Tyro
Where are the prices for Pilot programs listed? Maybe I just missed it, but I can't seem to find the rules for upgrading the Pilot stat of a drone O.o
BlackHat
They are listed in Arsenal, in the vehicle equipment section, and in the main book, in the program's section of wireless world. Keep in mind tha the Otomo's availability (not to mention the steep price) puts it well outside of a standard character's reach. Unless your GM is playing with houserules, you probably need to look at a more modest drone.
Tyro
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Nov 5 2008, 04:40 AM) *
They are listed in Arsenal, in the vehicle equipment section, and in the main book, in the program's section of wireless world. Keep in mind tha the Otomo's availability (not to mention the steep price) puts it well outside of a standard character's reach. Unless your GM is playing with houserules, you probably need to look at a more modest drone.

Appreciated. I wasn't thinking of the Otomo, actually; I just don't want to get screwed over by my own dogbrains, and I thought this was a good thread to ask my question in.

[Edit:] Wow, I don't know how I missed that. Thanks again.

[Edit 2:] Can you upgrade the System and/or Response of a drone? I know the default is their Device Rating. I want to say yes, but I'm not sure where to look for verification.
gtjormungand
QUOTE (Tyro @ Nov 5 2008, 07:49 AM) *
Can you upgrade the System and/or Response of a drone? I know the default is their Device Rating. I want to say yes, but I'm not sure where to look for verification.

Yes. I don't think it says it clearly anywhere, but the Drone Rigger archetype's doing it.
Tyro
QUOTE (gtjormungand @ Nov 5 2008, 05:19 AM) *
Yes. I don't think it says it clearly anywhere, but the Drone Rigger archetype's doing it.

Thank you muchly. I didn't think to look there.
Drogos
It states it explicitly in the Wireless World chapter of the BBB when it discusses Device Rating, or somewhere there abouts. I'd provide the page and quote it if I had access to my books, but I'm pretty sure it says something to the affect of important pieces of equipment should be given their own individual matrix ratings and that they are thus upgradeable in the same way as a commlink. Of course, without access to the book...
BlackHat
last page of wireless world section has rules (and prices) for upgrading response and signal ratings. System and Firewall, you just buy the corresponding program at a higher level. Errata says firewall can be run at full rating, regardless of response, but system cannot.
Tyro
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Nov 5 2008, 05:31 AM) *
last page of wireless world section has rules (and prices) for upgrading response and signal ratings. System and Firewall, you just buy the corresponding program at a higher level. Errata says firewall can be run at full rating, regardless of response, but system cannot.

I really should have come here earlier. I've been creating Shadowrun characters as a hobby, since long before SR4 came out, but I'm just now starting to use this forum. I lurked for a few weeks, but it didn't take long for me to have questions which I couldn't find answers for in existing posts. I've been pleasantly surprised at the high level of activity and wonderfully helpful attitude of the people here.
Bobson
QUOTE (Uli @ Nov 5 2008, 04:55 AM) *
Yes, it would be reasonable to swap the cyborg with the rigger adaption.

Pilot programs are also great for cyborgs; they can watch over the body when the cyborg takes downtime alone and even fight or flee with it.

And yes, mechanical arms are in the errata.

Good to know, thank you. I hadn't realized there was errata yet, since the errata page on shadowrun4.com hasn't been updated with it.
Fortune
You can find the Errata for Arsenal here.
Mäx
QUOTE (Fortune @ Nov 5 2008, 09:11 PM) *

Actually for some reason it apears not to be there, that page only has erratas for BBB and Street Magic.
I was gonna link there my self, but then i checked the page and noticed the arsenal errata missing. wobble.gif
crizh
QUOTE (Mäx @ Nov 5 2008, 07:19 PM) *
Actually for some reason it apears not to be there, that page only has erratas for BBB and Street Magic.
I was gonna link there my self, but then i checked the page and noticed the arsenal errata missing. wobble.gif

Are you sure you are not looking at the Errata page? I thought the link was in the page about Arsenal and Fortune's link does indeed seem to work.
Fortune
I just re-checked my link, which leads directly to the PDF in question. It is indeed working properly.
Mäx
QUOTE (Fortune @ Nov 5 2008, 10:11 PM) *
I just re-checked my link, which leads directly to the PDF in question. It is indeed working properly.

Sorry for some strange reason when i licked your link the first time it took me here instead wobble.gif
Bobson
QUOTE (Fortune @ Nov 5 2008, 02:11 PM) *

Is there any errata out other than Core, Street Magic and Arsenal? Or are those three it so far?
Fortune
That's it so far, but supposedly Errata is due for Augmentation and Runner's Companion in the very near future.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012