Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CCSS Matrix Interlink
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
toturi
I'm stumped on Matrix Interlinks. How does a Rigger get data from the Matrix?

Say the Interlink is only one-way. Recon data is sent to the rigger from older Matrix based systems, how? How does the rigger access the data? For example, in a normal CCSS, if the drone that the rigger is "in" is destroyed, the rigger gets dumped. What happens when someone trashes a Matrix based camera that rigger is monitoring?

If the link is two-way, how does a rigger manipulate a Matrix-based weapon emplacement? Is his awareness in the Matrix? Or is he in his CCSS?

Can a decker deck into a CCSS from the Matrix through an Interlink?
Ancient History
Okay, one at a time:

1)CCSS is normally a rigger-only system that is COMPLETELY SEPERATE from the Matrix. This is because if it IS connected to the Matrix, some fool decker will come along and be able to access it and/or shut it off.

2)In a CCSS system, there IS no Matrix system connecting to the cameras, the maglocks, or anything else security related. That falls under the dominion of the rigger running the CCSS.

3)If the Secuirty RIgger manning the CCSS system needs information from and to integrate actions with the Matrix of the local he's guarding, he goes through somnebody else (i.e. the Decker in the security room sitting next to him).

4)A decker, rigger or otaku may hack into the CCSS and contest control of the system with the Security Rigger. All three must go up to a security device that's part of the CCSS system and use their 133+ skillz and an expensive device or two to make a coonection (more details: Fields of Fire, Matrix). Deckers and Otaku must have a Remote COntrol EMulation Module to access the system. There are a few utilities that Deckers and otaku can (indeed, some say must) buy in order to improve their chances against the Security Rigger.
toturi
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Okay, one at a time:

1)CCSS is normally a rigger-only system that is COMPLETELY SEPERATE from the Matrix. This is because if it IS connected to the Matrix, some fool decker will come along and be able to access it and/or shut it off.

2)In a CCSS system, there IS no Matrix system connecting to the cameras, the maglocks, or anything else security related. That falls under the dominion of the rigger running the CCSS.

3)If the Secuirty RIgger manning the CCSS system needs information from and to integrate actions with the Matrix of the local he's guarding, he goes through somnebody else (i.e. the Decker in the security room sitting next to him).

4)A decker, rigger or otaku may hack into the CCSS and contest control of the system with the Security Rigger. All three must go up to a security device that's part of the CCSS system and use their 133+ skillz and an expensive device or two to make a coonection (more details: Fields of Fire, Matrix). Deckers and Otaku must have a Remote COntrol EMulation Module to access the system. There are a few utilities that Deckers and otaku can (indeed, some say must) buy in order to improve their chances against the Security Rigger.

Yes, AH, I knew that, but what I'm asking is what happens if a CCSS has a Matrix Interlink (SOTA 2063)?

The decker needs to tap directly into the CCSS security device to deck it, yes.

So what exactly does a Matrix Interlink do for a rigger? SOTA 2063 says it allows the rigger to receive data from Matrix based systems (1-way) or allows the rigger to control the Matrix systems (2-way). What happens if a CCSS rigger with a 2-way interlink is controlling a Matrix-based security device and a decker comes along to deck it?

You said that if the CCSS is connected to the Matrix, a decker can come along and shut it off. How?
Ancient History
Well, you can't exactly turn off the whole CCSS (not easily in any case, though I suppose it could be done). But you can turn off individual systems devices/systems(cameras, maglocks, etc), same as with any Slave subsystem.

A 1-way signal has the slight advantage that the decker can interject false signals intot he CCSS (i.e. make the Rigger think the Maglock is locked instead of open); while the 2-way system is just a ridiculous means of letting the invading decker attack the Security Rigger, or letting an invading Rigger access the Matrix system.

Truth be told, having any connection between the Matrix and the CCSS is stupid because it makes it that much easier for a decker to come in and screw with things.
Kagetenshi
CCSS standing for Closed-Circuit SimSense, if you toss a Matrix link in there you no longer have a Closed Circuit. I see what the developers were trying to do, but having a switch at the security rigger's board and keeping the things seperate is more sensible.

~J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012