Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quality Question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Zolhex
So I'm looking over some things and got to looking at Dryads these elves get Glamour as an ability allong with low light vision and symbiosis.

These come with the dryad and are not qualities so that leaves me with these questions:

Can A dryad take the quality glamour? Thus providing said character with a +6 to social skills?
Muspellsheimr
I would say no, for the same reason they would be unable to take Low Light Vision for "Improved" Low Light.

As far as I am aware, there are no rules specifically preventing or allowing it, but as it functions as the quality, I would treat it as the quality for all purposes other than starting quality limits.
Zolhex
@Muspellsheimr I get what your saying but then again from what i've read there really is nothing stateing you can't take qualities more than once WITH the exception of the very few that say characters can only take this quality once.

Now mind you this quality does come with a draw back to a point it is easier for people to find you.
Tarantula
Hrm... whats the best way to put this...

Basically, what Muspell said. If you have low-light vision, and you take a quality that grants... low-light vision, you still have low-light vision.

If you have glamour, and you take a quality that gives you glamour, you do not have double glamour.

Also, you're wrong on the qualities. You can only take a quality once, unless it says you can take it multiple times. Unless, you're of the impression someone could just take First Impression x7 for a +14 dp on initial social tests.
Zolhex
Well..... there are qualities that say this can be taken up to x number of times just like the qualities that only once so maybe but the books don't expressly say no you can't take qualities more than once.

It's a way to blow negitive qualities more or less it's like takeing incompentent in the magic skills or the technomancer skills when your a combat tank that has like .5 essence left completely useless to you skills and your also incompentent in them.

YES it is a cheese way to take negitive qualities but nothing bars you from doing it as the rules stand. I say that because as a Catalyst Demo Team member I can only use the rules as printed no house rules allowed.

As to abilities vs. qualities I can easily see someone makeing a troll with elongated limbs and thus get +1 reach as a troll and +1 reach for the limbs thus gaining a +2 to reach add in a +2 to reach nodachi and dam you get a troll with a +4 reach.
Tarantula
Casazil, elongated limbs and troll reach are two separate abilities that grant a modifier to reach. Glamour from being a dryad and glamour from SURGE are the exact same ability, and thus, doesn't stack with itself.

I'd say its pretty explicit in stating when qualities are able to be taken more than once, and as such, unless it says you can take it more than once, you can't.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012