Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vehicle rules
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Chrysalis
Greets,

I was just the other day watching Top Gear and between episodes it got me to thinking about several different things. First of all are the vehicle modification rules in Arsenal really all that bad. And yes yes they are.

The second thought was what game has the vehicle building rules. After looking through my bookshelf the only ones still in print were the ones for GURPS. So that got me to think why reinvent the wheel and just use the system they have.

The only problem with that comes conversion to Shadowrun. So I am now asking you my dear readers: Is it possible to make a conversion and if not, why?

-Chrysalis

Synner667
I look to the Fire Fusion and Steel [Traveller:The New Era sourcebook] design book for almost anything...
...Not least because GURPS changed their rules.

HERO might be better, as they can be more "game descriptive"...
...And the SR v4 rules aren't actually very good for the job - too "gappy", for such detail [IMO].
Fortune
Use Car Wars!
Chrysalis
I looked through Traveller's Fire Fusion and Steel 1 and I have to admit it is an elegant system. In some ways better than GURPS vehicles. I would see working through the descriptions and then give arbitrary values in Shadowrun terms.

I fought with Hero for ages and despite how much I should like it. I never did. Fuzion also had something to do with it.

Never been a fan of Car Wars so I gave it a pass.

Fortune
Twas not really a serious suggestion. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012