Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ally Sprites, Where are they Now?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Athanatos
Hey, I bought unwired, and didn't find anything on Allied Sprites. Are there any rules on creating them? If not what are the developers/mods/experts opinions on how they would be created?
Neraph
Um... Free Sprites that you gain as contacts? Or maybe the Long Compiling (or whatever) where they do a service type for 256 days (or whatever number it was)?
TheOOB
I see no reason you couldn't create an ally sprite echo that is nearly identical to the allied spirit metamagic, though I can't imagine it would be worth the karma. It's easier for technos to register sprites for long periods of time then magicians can bind spirits, technos are allready starved for karma, and sprites just are not as useful as spirits.
Athanatos
So no official mention of an ally sprite? AH? Hyzmarca? Synner? Adam? Bibliophile? .... well probably more that I forgot.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Neraph @ Nov 17 2008, 07:47 PM) *
Um... Free Sprites that you gain as contacts? Or maybe the Long Compiling (or whatever) where they do a service type for 256 days (or whatever number it was)?

hmm, 256, interesting choice of number they did wink.gif
fistandantilus4.0
I'd wondered about the lack of daemons as well. Maybe they'll throw out a augment for Unwired like they did for Street Magic.
Athanatos
One can only hope! And there is an augment for Street Magic?!
hobgoblin
digital grimoire:
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=24303
Hagga
QUOTE (TheOOB @ Nov 17 2008, 07:11 PM) *
I see no reason you couldn't create an ally sprite echo that is nearly identical to the allied spirit metamagic, though I can't imagine it would be worth the karma. It's easier for technos to register sprites for long periods of time then magicians can bind spirits, technos are allready starved for karma, and sprites just are not as useful as spirits.

They are so as useful! Sure, they only have half of the abilities, half of the strength of an average spirit, and Technomancers in general are an underpowered matrix variant of magicians even with the optional rules, but still! They can.. uh..

Someone finish my sentence?
Jaid
QUOTE (Hagga @ Nov 20 2008, 06:59 AM) *
They are so as useful! Sure, they only have half of the abilities, half of the strength of an average spirit, and Technomancers in general are an underpowered matrix variant of magicians even with the optional rules, but still! They can.. uh..

Someone finish my sentence?

sustain all your threaded complex forms indefinitely (including any skills you want to use for your biowires), boost all your CFs by their rating, and in general make any reasonable matrix system (and some of the lower-end unreasonable ones) into cakewalks for the technomancer who has one?

[sarcasm] yup, absolutely nothing could go wrong with that. no, sir, that wouldn't be unbalanced at all. [/sarcasm]
Hagga
QUOTE (Jaid @ Nov 20 2008, 06:39 PM) *
sustain all your threaded complex forms indefinitely (including any skills you want to use for your biowires), boost all your CFs by their rating, and in general make any reasonable matrix system (and some of the lower-end unreasonable ones) into cakewalks for the technomancer who has one?

[sarcasm] yup, absolutely nothing could go wrong with that. no, sir, that wouldn't be unbalanced at all. [/sarcasm]

Yes. Thank you, I will now proceed to claim my previous post is serious. Thank you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012