Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Partial cyberlimbs and Attribute ratings
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tyro
If I get a cyber forearm, is that counted as part of the "average the limbs" calculation for overall physical attributes? What about a foot? And so on.
Stahlseele
no, only full limbs are counted for the average i think.
hobgoblin
well one could average the limb first, and then take that average into the next one wink.gif

but for ease, anything under a full limb will count as natural, unless you can specifically use that part of the limb in the action performed (crushing a bottle or can with the hand for instance).
Stahlseele
now for a bit fun with math: what happens, if you have enough partial limbs to mkae up to full limbs? O.o
Zaranthan
I'm forced to call "rubbish". You can get a hand, a lower arm, or a full arm. Larger limb parts include the smaller ones.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Nov 25 2008, 03:09 AM) *
now for a bit fun with math: what happens, if you have enough partial limbs to mkae up to full limbs? O.o

im guessing your referring to having a hand, lower leg and so on replaced, so that it would become a single limb if it had all been done to the same limb.

if so, maybe one can say that 3 partial limbs counts as 1 full limb?

iirc, older versions had such a rule in its advanced book.
Stahlseele
yep, that's what i meant ^^
and yes, i think somewhere there was such a tidbit . .
Tyro
What if you have a cyber forearm and want to shoot a gun? Does it only have 3 Strength (for recoil comp), 3 Agility (for attack roll) without modification?
Cabral
I would say recoil comes primarily from the biceps/deltoids, so no. (my qualifications to say this? I watch people shoot on TV ...)
Tyro
QUOTE (Cabral @ Nov 25 2008, 03:57 AM) *
I would say recoil comes primarily from the biceps/deltoids, so no. (my qualifications to say this? I watch people shoot on TV ...)

I don't use a gun myself, but I have fired a pistol and I have a good bit of martial arts experience, which has given me a pretty good intuitive knowledge of how the body works. It would seem to me that you'd be using your forearm muscles to force the gun down as it tried to go up, or both forearms for a rifle. Not counting things like stocks and such. Are there any people here with real experience who could clarify this?
Medicineman
This Threads interesting 'cause one of my Chars is a Fomori Troll with two(Modular)lower Cyberlegs
His Cyberstrength is unlike his natural so,for calculating his runnig Pool i used to take the average of both

with an interested Dance
Medicineman
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012