Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ganger rules
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Ogrebear
We are playing ganger's in our new SR4 campaign; starting at the bottom and working up 'n all that.

Seems the gang next door want to wack us come wk Sunday on the local waste-ground where these things are sorted. They are about the same size and strength as us (7 players)

My question is- is it against the "rules" of these things to scout them out, pick them off and generally do them over before the allotted time?

What about things like magical spying, spirit interference etc?
ornot
Heh.
The idea of gangers adopting some kind of gentlemen's agreement strikes me as funny.

I'd say, sure, but it might get you Notoriety, and if you were to challenge another gang to a turf war, they would probably use the same tactics upon you.
Drogos
Alls fair in love and war, and this is war.

You may suffer from some perception of being weak because you didn't just rumble the other gang, but when it's about survival, who says it your rep matters. Plus, when you eliminate them, you get to take their turf, or you could just remove some key opposition and absorb the remainder as underlings. That's what I would do if I would leading a gang.
Fortune
All's fair in love and war!

Edit: Damn! Too many windows open. eek.gif
I should know better than to use the Quick Reply feature. At least I can say great minds think alike. biggrin.gif
Fabe
QUOTE (ornot @ Nov 25 2008, 09:44 AM) *
Heh.
The idea of gangers adopting some kind of gentlemen's agreement strikes me as funny.

I'd say, sure, but it might get you Notoriety, and if you were to challenge another gang to a turf war, they would probably use the same tactics upon you.

I think gangs back in the 50s' use to have "gentlemen's agreements" they would pick a time and place for a fight decide on what weapons would be allowed and a guy who went down and stayed down was considered out of the fight and left alone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012