Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Old cars
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Fresno Bob
So, I got this crazy idea during my biweelkly kickass movie. I watched the Road Warrior, again, and said "Hey...wouldn't it be cool if there was an SR gang that fixed and souped up old junk heaps of cars?"

I'm thinking that they'd go get old muscle cars out of junkyards, like rusted out Mustangs, Chargers, GTOs, and the like, clean up the body, put in new tires, upholstery, engines, etc, and customize and modify the fuck out of it, like...in the Road Warrior.

So, what do you think? I think that its maybe a bit unbelievable, given that the cars would be about 100 years old, but man...it would be cool.
Siege
The street racing depicted in "Fast and Furious" does exist with people customizing the living hell out of vehicles.

Would gangs form around this? Possibly.

Whether they're digging up and retrofitting old frames or chopping new cars to look like old models, the idea is basically the same.

-Siege
Fresno Bob
I know it exists, I was just wondering if retrofitted 100 year old frames were feasible.
Siege
I suppose it depends on what you're trying to cram into it and what condition the frame was found in.

If it's been rotting in a junkyard for a hundred years, nope. If it was swiped from a collector's private display, then yes.

-Siege
Phaeton
Well, my rigger wouldn't belong to one...He belongs in something like Kaneda's bike gang in "Akira." Has a semi-custom bike with some wacky government-grade mods, like ruthenium...And also goes 600 mph.
Fresno Bob
600mph Bike? Your face would rip off your skull.

Eh. I figured it wasn't a very good idea from the start. There is the chopping of newer cars, but cars in SR look so strange it probably wouldn't work either. Unless they got a lot of Bond-O, and a very good sculptor.
Phaeton
Hey, it has a windshield...It basically looks like Kaneda's bike on serious crack. But still, nevah thought of that... eek.gif
Fresno Bob
Oh, and the ruthenium wouldn't be able to keep up with the bikes speed.

Also, you'd better be a fucking good rider, because if you hit *anything* at that speed, theres going to be a crater in what you hit, with a bunch of smoking metal and red plastic around it.
Siege
Well, let's face it -- 600 mph and any disturbance is gonna seriously mess with your day. Like sneezing.

If you want to watch an engineer have a coronary over the impossibilities involved, ask Cray about it. grinbig.gif

-Siege
Phaeton
QUOTE (Voorhees)
Oh, and the ruthenium wouldn't be able to keep up with the bikes speed.

Also, you'd better be a fucking good rider, because if you hit *anything* at that speed, theres going to be a crater in what you hit, with a bunch of smoking metal and red plastic around it.

The ruthenium is so nobody can find and steal it. Phaeton loves his preeecioooous... biggrin.gif silly.gif

And he's a rigger. Who lives for suicidial odds. And he has bike 6. And he has enough sense to not go full speed in a city...
Fresno Bob
So when does he go full speed? Also, Bike 6 isn't good enough to control a bike that goes that fast.

PS: I think that a 600 mph bike is actually pretty damn cool. Thats like...1/3 a mile in a combat turn...1760ft...21120 inches...52800cm...

528 meters a combat turn...is that right?
Siege
Speaking of absurd speeds...

Wheeee! grinbig.gif

-Siege
Phaeton
Voorhees - Hey, I'm working on it. And you should see the professional racing, non-street legal sport version of the thing my friend made. What my char has is the street legal version. grinbig.gif
Fresno Bob
Phaeton
QUOTE (Voorhees)

rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif rotfl.gif

...Nothing like getting a speechless expression from someone. Ain't the Rigger 3 vehicle design rules great? grinbig.gif
Fresno Bob
If my local gaming store sold Rigger 3, I'd so make some sort of super vehicle to kick that ones ass.
Phaeton
QUOTE (Voorhees)
If my local gaming store sold Rigger 3, I'd so make some sort of super vehicle to kick that ones ass.

Oh, you're on, pal! sarcastic.gif ohplease.gif cyber.gif rotate.gif twirl.gif wobble.gif spin.gif
Fresno Bob
I...uh...have to y'know...get the book first...
Phaeton
...Well, once you get the book, of course, is what I meant. biggrin.gif;;;;;;
Fresno Bob
Hmm, it closes in two hours, and its a few blocks away. I suppose I could go check, but then I'd have to put on clothes and shower. Not necessarily in that order.
Saintgrimm
I've seen it in a couple games. Gangs and orginizations devoted around vehicles. I've seen things from All rigger gangs with various vehichles...to trucks only, bikes only, other only...

They are actually pretty cool idea.
I've been hoping next time I play a gang game with my players, they might decide to do something like that next time.
Phaeton
QUOTE (Saintgrimm)
I've seen it in a couple games. Gangs and orginizations devoted around vehicles. I've seen things from All rigger gangs with various vehichles...to trucks only, bikes only, other only...

They are actually pretty cool idea.
I've been hoping next time I play a gang game with my players, they might decide to do something like that next time.

You wanna let me in on it? biggrin.gif I'm game.

templar_of_earth@yahoo.com if you wanna email me the details. cyber.gif
Fresno Bob
I wanna get in on it, too, if its going to be online.

You'll have to send it usmail. I don't have email.
Fortune
QUOTE (Voorhees @ Dec 31 2003, 11:27 AM)
I don't have email.

What's wrong with you? Get a damn email account, slacker! wink.gif biggrin.gif
Siege
QUOTE (Voorhees)
I wanna get in on it, too, if its going to be online.

You'll have to send it usmail. I don't have email.

question.gif

You're online...posting to Dumpshock...and you don't have email?

-Siege
Fresno Bob
See, theres things that some people do...they're called jokes....

I was going to throw in a line about not having internet connection, but then I didn't.

my email is sephiroth_yagyu@hotmail.com

*Note: The questions come sooner or later, so I'll say it now. The name has absolutely NO connections to FF7. It was a coincedence of a global scale.
Grey
QUOTE (Voorhees)
I don't have email.

How in the hell do you not have an email account!? You use the internet. YahooMail is free. Go sign up hoser.
Phaeton
QUOTE (Voorhees)
See, theres things that some people do...they're called jokes....

I was going to throw in a line about not having internet connection, but then I didn't.

my email is sephiroth_yagyu@hotmail.com

*Note: The questions come sooner or later, so I'll say it now. The name has absolutely NO connections to FF7. It was a coincedence of a global scale.

*whew* Good. On my watch, fanboys die on site. biggrin.gif *chocks his SPAS-22*
Grey
I didn't get it.
Phaeton
...Nothing.
Fresno Bob
Yeah, a saw a pack of tarot cards at some hippy store. They were called like "12 Sephiroth of the something or other." and I was like "Sephiroth is a cool word!" So I made a DnD character named Sephiroth Yagyu, and it was around the time I got internet, so, my email was that.
Diesel
Yeah. Right.
Phaeton
rotfl.gif
Fresno Bob
Believe what you will friend. Its the chiptruth, or whatever the hell they say in SR.
Siege
QUOTE (Voorhees)
Believe what you will friend. Its the chiptruth, or whatever the hell they say in SR.

S'ok, if I was that big a fanboy, I'd invent a story like that too. grinbig.gif

-Siege
Frag-o Delux
Are you a big fan of Friday the 13th movies also? Voorhees is Jason's (the serial killers) last name.
The Grifter
*ROTGDFLMMFAO*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fresno Bob
Yeah. I watched one of the Friday the 13th movies on the same day I joined this board. Seemed like a name as good as any. I suppose if I could do it over, I'd pick something else. And I'm not going to press it any further, but I really do hate Final Fantasy. The whole "Fight Item Run" system, and prepackaged Angst Machines they call characters just plain suck.
Phaeton
Grifter - ...What?

Voorhees - *much nodding* Aye, chummer. wink.gif
Frag-o Delux
Not picking or anything I too also get stumped when trying to think of names for BBS's and other computer crap. All my computer software is registered to Tony Montana.

EDIT: Back on topic, or group has had several rigger gangs. One we had is backed by a corp., albeit a small corp., looking to break into the rigger ware field. They use the gang to test and develope rigger ware and vehicle mods. They do a good job they get money on top of getting some prime gear. The corp., also sends some smaller gangs after them to keep them small, and to test some other gear. They mainly deal in heavy off road stuff. They do have a few light vehicles in their gang, as well as one or two drone riggers. The corp., has also used them on many runs to get parts or disrupt other corp supply lines. A very amusing group of people they are.

We have had plenty of biker gangs.

We have had some bush pilots, I wouldn't call them a gang per say but on theground no one messes with them amd they all hang together, like a brotherhood of sorts. They do compete for contracts but nothing serious. They deffenetly don't like outsiders comeing in trying to horn in on their rackette. Once we got to know them though we have a pretty decent size group of pilots usually ready willing and able at the drop of a hat to do what we need, for a price. They do a lot with single engine planes, but a couple have helicopters and soem other assorted planes hidden in the bush.

Most smugglers are solitary people, but we have met a few that are tight with each other, close to gang material, they have made a deal or a consotium if you will with each other to become more profitable.

Fresno Bob
Mine is all registered to Hercules Q Jesusheimer.

Oh yeah, Scarface is an awesome movie. I should buy the DVD.
The Grifter
Phaeton-Oh, that laughing outburst had nothing to do with the post. I just saw some old lady on TV fall off a ladder. *LMAO* Funny stuff.
Fresno Bob
And you felt the need to express that here?
Phaeton
Grifter - Hope you're not blurring reality and the wired... wink.gif

EDIT: And namely I was curious what all those random letters stood for. I got most of them, but that abbrev as a whole was new to me...
Fresno Bob
Same time post!
Phaeton
*high-fives Voorhees*
Fresno Bob
*Low-Fives Phaeton*

Score!
Frag-o Delux
probably: rolling on the god damn floor laughing my mother f***ing a** off
Phaeton
QUOTE (Frag-o Delux)
Not picking or anything I too also get stumped when trying to think of names for BBS's and other computer crap. All my computer software is registered to Tony Montana.

EDIT: Back on topic, or group has had several rigger gangs. One we had is backed by a corp., albeit a small corp., looking to break into the rigger ware field. They use the gang to test and develope rigger ware and vehicle mods. They do a good job they get money on top of getting some prime gear. The corp., also sends some smaller gangs after them to keep them small, and to test some other gear. They mainly deal in heavy off road stuff. They do have a few light vehicles in their gang, as well as one or two drone riggers. The corp., has also used them on many runs to get parts or disrupt other corp supply lines. A very amusing group of people they are.

We have had plenty of biker gangs.

We have had some bush pilots, I wouldn't call them a gang per say but on theground no one messes with them amd they all hang together, like a brotherhood of sorts. They do compete for contracts but nothing serious. They deffenetly don't like outsiders comeing in trying to horn in on their rackette. Once we got to know them though we have a pretty decent size group of pilots usually ready willing and able at the drop of a hat to do what we need, for a price. They do a lot with single engine planes, but a couple have helicopters and soem other assorted planes hidden in the bush.

Most smugglers are solitary people, but we have met a few that are tight with each other, close to gang material, they have made a deal or a consotium if you will with each other to become more profitable.

I was thinking of making a rigger char who was a pizza boy and a sell-out to said pizza place, but the pizza restaurant chain was really just a front for a huge smuggling racket...biggrin.gif
Fresno Bob
That would be awesome. Or...a paperboy instead of a pizza place. Or maybe like, a FedEx type place.

"Are you refusing delivery?"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012