Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rigger
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Metapunk
Okay, one of my players really want to play the groups rigger, what does he need? how does rigging work, how many drones can he have subscribed? and do they still follow his given orders if he unsubscribe them after.
the last I mean if he orders a drone to guard the van, then unsubscribe it and take a couple of drones with him on the run, will the drone still guard the van while they are on the run?

next, if he subscribes for instance a surveilance drone to a combat drone, will the combat drone react to the information the surv drone sends from its sensors?

TY
Metapunk
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Metapunk @ Nov 26 2008, 08:09 AM) *
Okay, one of my players really want to play the groups rigger, what does he need? how does rigging work, how many drones can he have subscribed?

Riggers come in many different styles.

Essentially you can operate drones/vehicles as follows
PC Attribute + Skill + Mods = Driving a vehicle physically (Physical/AR)
Command + Skill + Mods = Driving via Remote Control (Physical/AR/VR)
Response + Skill + Mods = Driving via Jumped In (VR only)
Pilot + Autosoft + Mods = Drone/Vehicle Pilot operating independently on instructions

Gear/cyber. mods, conditional modifiers all apply in different ways to the various modes

the last I mean if he orders a drone to guard the van, then unsubscribe it and take a couple of drones with him on the run, will the drone still guard the van while they are on the run?

Yes. Use drone Pilot rating to determine if it acts appropriately.

next, if he subscribes for instance a surveilance drone to a combat drone, will the combat drone react to the information the surv drone sends from its sensors?

Yes. P. 238 bottom right,
"If instructed to, drones can subscribe to each other and share
data, allowing them to coordinate attacks and other actions."

Cthulhudreams
Gunnery 6 spec ballistics is the most important skill!

But in essence a rigger contributes two great things to the team

A) Survallience and eye in the sky capability. You can float a couple of drones and have a very good picture on whats going on, run survalliance, etc.

B) Huge firepower - a rigger with a few LMG armed drones will have more firepower than the rest of the team - if he can deploy it.
Jaid
quick side note to direradiant's list, remote controlling cannot be done physically (it must be AR or VR).

the precise needs of your player depend heavily on what kind of rigger he wants to be. does he want to mostly rely on captain's chair? (if so, pretty much make a hacker but add in some drones, pilot programs, and autosofts) does he want to control them himself? (if so, a control rig, nanohive-in-a-cyberlimb, and control rig booster nanites are almost a must-have, and you can skimp a bunch more on the hacker skills and focus on the vehicle skills). a little of both? (a bit tricky, but doable, just pick what you want to focus on and then try to pick up some skills in the other area. basically, more detail would be nice =P
Metapunk
He is always talking about his drones ripping things apart so I think he wants to be very drone based, in form of them getting orders and following them, not jumping in very much.
he also wants to be able to hack a little and such, and to make improvements of his drones.

side question, the autosoft upgrades for drones, I cant seem to find prices for autosoft programs in the book:(
besides the game I am running is only with normal rulebook, maybe introducing augmentation later in my campaign:)
hope that was a little more details. else I will need to interrogate him and come with more answers:D
Jaid
ok then, pretty much just get some decent cracking/electronics skill groups going, get a good commlink with rating 5 programs across the board, and buy a few drones of various types. presto, instant "Captain's Chair" rigger. he will also be able to hack about as well as a hacker, including swiping other people's drones potentially wink.gif
Metapunk
okay cool:D ty, sounds pretty reasonable.

I just dont understand the autosoft part? they come with the drones? and how to upgrade them
Ryu
- Autosofts are programs, and run as such on the matrix node of the drone.

- They cost 200/400/600/2000¥ for ratings 1-4. Any upgrade requires full payment.

- Some drones come with certain autosofts, most don´t. Cracked softs can be used on all drones one owns.
Metapunk
okay thanks alot:D we are gonna play this weekend:) so I am really happy for the help, it is gonna be my first longer going game then just killing some gangers:D

once again ty alot
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012