Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Low level gangs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
awolfromlife
Now that Ghost Cartels is out are there, or will there be any rules for playing a gang level campain. I know they had guidlines for it in 3rd edition, just wondering if it will be done again in 4th.
Namelessjoe
Hi there... there isn't really a guidline that im aware of (then agian i dont read much of the GM sections because i just play) but somthing to think about is that your average joe has 160 bp in states alone giving him 3's in his stats.... so by that probably made with at least 320 bp... i would hope there a sucsessfull gang so i would use 400 myself telling your players your expectations possibably lowering the purchace dc(i know the term is wrong im at work) from 12 to like 10 without gm approval and such mayby stuff you and your group think are higher end stuff to not have then you can have fairly well rounded gangers with not huge amounts of gear or power to keep it in the streets and your players if able to give feedback will feel more attach to there dudes and the idea of the power level
Jaid
i would recommend at most availability 9, for one thing. you'd be surprised what you can pick up for availability 10.

that said, i also recommend that you, as a GM, carefully examine all their gear. there's some stuff that might make sense even if it is high availability (cyberskull, for example) and some stuff that probably doesn't make sense even if it is low availability (such as PMVs, for the most part... not exactly ganger vehicles, imo).

as far as BP, it's better to just sit down and talk with your players about what kind of characters you want them to build. i might even suggest using karmagen, just because you're more likely to wind up with a broader skill base and fewer high skills. definitely best to discuss exactly what you expect though, and then work with the players while they design the characters.
Apathy
Back in SR2/3, they used to have great gang- and insect spirit hive random generators. For reference, the wayback machine had archives of them here (Gangs) and here (Bugs).

Has anybody made anything similar for SR4, yet?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012