Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Augmented Leagues
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
WeaverMount
So this article thinks that that there are hard and fast best times for humans in various events. While I'm not sure I buy that such values can be calculated to any degree of certainty, it does lead me to envision a future where the olympics and other "wholesome" sporting events start to loose there audiance because the records are so unbeatable. Every event is basically just seeing who can make a perfect run, and who fails to meet that standard. Once in a blue moon someone trims 1/100 of second off a time. So what does the Olympic comity do to get the viewers back? Allow Augmentation.
Neraph
That's actually a little depressing.
dog_xinu
in my personal opinion there would be different leagues. augmented vs natural. things like urban brawl would be augmented league only. the closer to "intermural" type sports the closer to "natural" it would be. things like the NFL, NBA, NHL, etc would be "augmented". the augmented leagues (like pro sports) have more flash ("no one can make that shot... holy mackeral... he made it!") which draws the crowds. remember that pro sports are all about the nuyen and not the sport. now your question about the olympics in my opinion would allow certain "mods"... like eye/ear replacement but no addons to them. or something to that effect.

like I said this is my opinion...

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012