Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Shadowrunners handbook
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
masterofm
So I was thinking on how generally there is a different style between how runners run pink and how runners run black. It might be interesting to compile a list of what a runner would do if running pink or running black. In this sense it gives players a feel for what they should be doing, what to expect from the GM if you get the pink or the black handbook, helps with the setting, and gives players tips on what they should be doing.

- For instance The Shadowrunners black book would promote stealth, cunning, guile, trickery, and not being seen.

- Whereas the The Shadowrunners pink book would promote flair, style, panache, and what some might call a roguish like play style.

I would love to hear some nice phrases for both books as I feel that it would help clear up a lot of things for various people. Also situational problems would be great for there are different ways that a pink book Shadowrunner would handle a situation over a black book Shadowrunner.

For instance you are hired to take out a corp exec. You are shown where he works and what kind of security is around the building. Most of the plans are a rough estimate. How would a pink shadowrunner handle it? How would a black Shadowrunner handle it?

- Would the pink hire some joy boys and girls to create a distraction at the front gate while they ram the back gates, storm up the complex and take out the exec and leave while there is massive confusion within the compound (probably involving an intricate chase scene?)

- Would the black try to discretely hack into the mainframe giving off a deadly viral contamination alert. The team then shows up dressed as the medivac unit and extracts the corp exec, killing him after they leave the compound, ditching the van and cargo and blowing it up?

I think giving situational runs and having a booklet on the do's and do not's for both styles might be an interesting way for players to realize what type of game they will be expecting. If only a few pages in some... something people can read over it and get a feel for each play style.
Fix-it
I feel that the Pink Mohawk category also includes as much "Stick it to the man" attitude as possible.

thus the solution would be to just put 10kg of tamped c12 under a manhole.

/I always go with the plan involving the most explosives.
AngelisStorm
Huh, until I read this it never occured to me how much "Cyberpirates" was pink, and Firefly (the series) is black (besides the killing).

I appreciate black for what it is, but pink is just so dang fun (and idealistic).
WeaverMount
Black can be just as idealistic.
TheOOB
Well, both pink and black follow one of the same rules: "When all else fails, use explosives"

Funny thing is, my groups tend to actually mix the two quite a bit. We had to sneak into a facility to steal some ritual samples, so we hired a nearby go-gang to raise some hell, causing as much chaos as possible as we all stuck in our chameleon suits and stole the sample we needed. Of course our intel was wrong and the guards where much better armed then we anticipated, so the gang got repelled, and we had to blow up large portions of the facility to cover our crime and hunt down the last surviving gang member before he could tell anyone else how we destroyed their gang.

See, brutal efficiency AND fancy overt fireworks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012