Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Hacker's Wheels?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Socinus
Im creating a hacker character and he has an armored van.

What do you think would be a good set of modifications to add to the van to assist with hacking?

Also, could adding a Shop to the van, could that work as some sort of aid to a hacker using the van?
Sir_Psycho
Do you have Unwired? I would suggest getting a Nexus and sticking it in the van. With a high enough processor limit, you can likely run all of your programs at once. Add a sattelite link to the top of the van for slow, yet untraceable hacking. Throw in a non-standard wireless link as well. A gridlink spoof chip is also good to avoid being traced.

If you want to be really stealthy, get yourself a morphing licence plate and ruthenium coating for the van, so you can pretend to be any unmarked or delivery van.

If you plan to stay within the van, consider getting drone racks to deploy repeater drones to bypass wi-fi inhibitors.
Socinus
I stuck a Roadmaster with a Ram Plate, Satellite Communication, Vehicle Tag Eraser, a Directional Antenna, ECM 10, and a Custom Nexus smile.gif
BIG BAD BEESTE
Hmm, got a player who has a van. He created more as the rigger come smuggler's overwatch - IE: he's the guy on the ground who monitors all the local activity and sends over reports to incomming smaugglers who are rigging their panzers over the borders. Kind of like a local guide/harbour pilot. Its a great concept and he's chosen some good contacts with the local Seoulpa rings and smuggling fraternity. Unfortunately, the player doesn't quite grasp the concept of Electronic Warfare and drone operation/communications technology. He's more interested in the fact his van has been armoured up and has a pop-up turret with assault rifles in it.

Yeah, anyway, so if you're playing the rigging/surviellence type of hacker who uses drones and monitors communications etc, then get a drone rack, something to boost your receptive tansmissions, a good load of encryption/decryption, ECM, satellite links, and some very effective hardening for all that tech. Try to leave some space to sit in the back and transport team members. Oh yeah, and if you do have a power generator stuck i the back don't be surprised if the local neighbourhood grid goes spzzy when you turn it on thus giving away your position. (Visualise the Spike generator in the back of a van from Ocean's Eleven (remake)).
the_real_elwood
If it's a large van, you could probably implement an electronics shop in it. That'd be good for any quick repairs/modifications to equipment that are necessary. I'd also armor the van up as much as possible, and maybe install an automated gun for self-defense too. You could have the gun hidden in a compartment and only open up when the alarm gets set off or something.
Drogos
You need the Conestoga Vista. A motherluvin' bus will solve all your needs silly.gif
Wasabi
An autodoc or valkyrie-equipped rigger cocoon are always a good idea.
I like Small Desktop Forge's too since they count as a kit for every B/R skill. With penalties you can do anything not requiring a facility. To get around the RFID's in the goop have a mage friend learn the Pulse spell. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012