Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hi folks, new forum member needed some assistance
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Crossbow
Just joined the forum, so forgive me if this is out of place.

I am GMing a group of runners in 4th ed, I have been playing since the very beginning, but haven't kept my library asup to date, so if these rules are in place somewhere, please let me know.

My players want to do a couple of things and I am willing to let them try, I just want some nuts and bolts rules for it if they are available before I start making stuff up, or failing that, some guidelines I should look at.

One wants to move a vehicle mounted machinegun from it's current location, concealed and forward facing, to a concealed pop-up turret with a 360 firing arc. I think I saw something like that in an old Rigger's Black Book, but I can't be sure and I don't have one anyway.

The other player is a Technomancer who want to code Fake IDs, decent ones for his teammates, not quick and dirty one shot spoofs. I figure there is going to be at least one matrix run in this and probably coding similar to ones in the book. The questions I have are how tough should it be and should it be easier for him to go back and do again if he decides this could become a sideline business? Does him being a techno mancer present and special obstacle?

Anyway, help and adivce would be appriciated. Thanks

Crossbow
Drogos
For the first, the details are in Arsenal. It's just a modification. If you haven't gotten it, I strongly reccomend it. I'd post the precise, but I am without my books.

The second is really entirely up to you. It is intended for that sort of work to be EXTREMELY difficult, requiring cross referencing several different databases that are all secure Government and Corporate nodes and the aid of several contacts to ensure the data gets cross pollenated where necessary. If you desire a fully realized ID you'll need the biometric data for the person and you'll also have to convincingly fabricate a history, since no SINner just sprouts out of the ground as an adult. These databases crossreference constantly with each and every ID check or credit transaction because ID theft is a major concern. In short, it's not just a one man operation and is usually handled by the big syndicates because the process is so involved. However, if you want ID theft to be far more simplistic, then go with what makes sense. Multiple hacks is pretty much a necessity, however.
DireRadiant
One thing you can try as far as the fake ids and stuff is to compare the cost of the fake Ids versus the costs of a typical run and work it out that way. If you payout 4k a person on a typical run, then making one "free" run to get one rating 4 fake sin is a simple tradeoff. If you want to make it harder or easier you can do so according to what you want to accomplish as a GM in the game. Don't forget to account for street prices.
thepatriot
To make a long story short, fake ID's are fairly out of player hands.

Start with a Red system for Department of Licensing, then work your way backward in time from there. College/Primary/Secondary transcripts, Birth Certs, Criminal Records (EVERYone has one... running red lights count) all would be different systems with various difficulties, but none less than Orange I'd say). Build the ID, then make the rolls. Make the players work for it! No GM is an island.
Muspellsheimr
Rules for forging fake identification are found in Unwired.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012