Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dunkel and Aztechnology
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Aramus
How much voting stock does Dunkel have in Aztechnology ? I want to know 'cause in his will he give them to Olivier McClure from Québec and I want to set up a run that is linked with that.

Thanks !
D.Generate
Can't find an exact amount. But from what i can tell McClure is the second primary stock holder and there are only 7 main Shareholders. So i'd say he has quite abit of influence.
GoldenAri
If Dunk had that kind of influence over AZT, why did he let them get to be the way they are.
D.Generate
Dunk was always weird with things. Sure he could have kept the Azzies from being the way they are but maybe, just maybe this is how things are supposed to unfold. I mean big blue nuked himself for christ's sake. No my friend trying to rationalize that big scaly freak-show is beyond all human capacity.
toturi
QUOTE (GoldenAri)
If Dunk had that kind of influence over AZT, why did he let them get to be the way they are.

Voting stock does not equal control.

Besides, I bet nobody knew that D had a board seat until he died.
GoldenAri
Or, a thought I had after posting.

What if he did hold the reins on them?

What if we're see a watered down version of Aztechnology's agenda?
Aramus
QUOTE (toturi)

That's a good way to see it IMHO. Dunk was holding voting stock to have a look on what Azzies was doing but prefered to abstain himself of getting in Aztechnology Board decision...
Nath
QUOTE (D.Generate)
Can't find an exact amount. But from what i can tell McClure is the second primary stock holder and there are only 7 main Shareholders. So i'd say he has quite abit of influence.

McLure is second in the list most likely because without any information on how manby shares each own, the shareholders are listed in alphabetical order (Chavez, McClure, Motecuhzoma, Ramos, Roxborough, Shinoyama, Villalobos). Besides, this list is titled "Primary Known Shareholders." There can be other, Pyramid Watcher's guess is at a dozen directors on the board.

If Aztechnology kept soome basics of corporate government, the amount of share only matters during eventual Shareholders General Assembly (which a private corp like Aztechnology is not required to organize). Board decision are taken on a one seat-one vote basis. There McLure would have one vote out of the dozen. The amount of internal rivalry can still make it valuable.

The most surprising fact is that considering Aztechnology is a private corp controlling the law-makers in the country where it is incorporated (Aztlan), they could easily oust McLure. I guess a majority found that McLure presence would help them in the power struggles. Or maybe the Corporate Court established Omega-like rules to protect shareholders right.
D.Generate
I didn't even pick up on the alphabetical thing all the rest of the corps in the book have the holders listed by % .

Anyways Aramus always remember its your game do with it what you want.
mfb
the majority shareholders in aztechnology are probably still busy crapping their britches right now, even after--what, six years? i mean, look at it--they're this uberparanoid world domination conspiracy group, and they didn't know that the planet's most widely-known dragon had a voting share in their company until the dragon himself chose to reveal that fact in the document that defines his control of affairs after his own death.

Dunk had aztechnology's finances thoroughly penetrated. the azzies can't touch McLure for fear of whatever contingencies Dunk may have on that man's life. they can't begin to work on ferreting out those contingencies until they've finished cleaning out their own house, shoring up the weaknesses Dunk used to infiltrate their corporate structure and hoping nobody else finds them out in the meantime. beyond and besides all that, a revelation of that magnitude makes aztechnology look weak, which means everybody else in the financial world is going to try and take a bite.
Zolhex
And add the fact that they just got their hoops handed to them in denver not too long ago.
DV8
QUOTE (toturi)
QUOTE (GoldenAri @ Dec 31 2003, 01:24 AM)

Voting stock does not equal control.

Good point.

That's not really an answer, that's more of an reassertion of the already stated question; why didn't he excercise his power? Assuming he had any, of course.

Dunkelzahn, throughout his time in the Sixth World has been nothing more than a teacher. A Socratic teacher, at that. It wasn't enough for him to fight off the Enemy himself - which he undoubtedly would've managed a lot better than Ryan "Quicksilver" Mercury could've - no, he wanted the humans to stand up and fight. All the donations he made in his last will and testimony indicates that he wants Man to learn, a new surge of scientific achievement.

As AZT stockholder, he wouldn't have thrown his weight around like that, because that wouldn't have let anyone learn anything. His philosphy, quite clearly, was that he wanted people to come to the realisation that AZT were up to no good themselves, and he would be there to guide them to that conclusion. A Socratic approach in education.
mfb
and also let AZT come to the realization that he could've ended them pretty much any time he chose to do so. and probably still can, even from beyond the grave.
Pugwhan
QUOTE (toturi)

Actually the Aztechnology Sourcebook mentioned that there was a Dragon involved with the company. There was a lot of speculation that it was a horror dragon or something like that. Maybe someone was dropping clues that the Big D was involved.
toturi
QUOTE (Pugwhan)
QUOTE (toturi)

Actually the Aztechnology Sourcebook mentioned that there was a Dragon involved with the company. There was a lot of speculation that it was a horror dragon or something like that. Maybe someone was dropping clues that the Big D was involved.

Unless it refers to a Great Dragon, then that dragon or dragons could be Dzitbalchen or/and Zacaultipan. DotSW p162
Ancient History
A number of feathered serpents (and, in the case of Peri, a few other types of dragons) work for or with Aztechnology. Presumably, this is the life magic/death magic blood magic divide among the Feathered Serpents.
JongWK
I am still thinking that Espectro (Aztlan SB) is Dunkelzahn, and that Spes (Tir Tairngire SB) is Lofwyr, but that's just me. Granted, the Spes theory is *very* vague.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012