Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about Full Defense (and one other thing)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Shadowfox
So I'm new to Shadowrun, and I'm just doing some test battles against myself to better understand the system.

Alright, so two trolls are facing off, one of which has 3 initiative passes all together.

Rolling initiative, the first troll gets an initiative of 11, while the other one gets 10.

The first troll (who has only one initiative pass) already had his shotgun out before the battle started.

He uses a free action to call a shot to the head, and subtracts 1 from his dice pool to add 1 to the possible DV.

He then uses, a simple action, Fire Weapon, Rolling longarms 3 + reaction 5 - 1 + 2(smartlinked) = dice pool of 8, against the other troll, who, as an interrupt, goes on full defense, so he rolls reaction 5 + dodge 3 = 8.

The troll with the shotgun gets 3 hits, but the dodging troll gets 4! So he somehow manages to spin sideways and avoid the first attack.

Now, the first troll again uses his second simple action, Fire Weapon again, rolling longarms 3 + reaction 5 - 1(for recoil)

At this point, can the second troll go into full defense again, even though he just did, (since he has 3 initiative passes) and then just use only two free actions on the next two initiatives, since the full defense's he took take up TWO complex actions? Is this allowed?
Fuchs
Full defense lasts until the next action, not just for a single dodge test. So the troll is in full defense, and can dodge, until his next action comes up. He does not have to spend another action to dodge the second shot.
Shadowfox
QUOTE (Fuchs @ Dec 2 2008, 04:50 AM) *
Full defense lasts until the next action, not just for a single dodge test. So the troll is in full defense, and can dodge, until his next action comes up. He does not have to spend another action to dodge the second shot.

Also, it says that if the defender had defended in an attack since his last action, does that mean his last action TURN or in my scenario should he be taking a -1 from his dice pool because he's defending again right after he's been attacked once?
ArkonC
Yes, it is allowed, tough silly here...
I've seen people interrupt with a second (or even third) Full Defense to reset their has defended before penalty...
Sammy (4 IPs) gets shot at by 5 people (2 IPs each), sammy goes first and shoots twice, 1 dead, the rest start shooting, sammy inerrupt with full defense, at the end of the round he is at -7 for defense, having used his action in the 2nd IP, it's the goons turns again, they keep shooting so the sammy declares another Full Defense interrupt and is back to no penalty to defense, everyone shoots, IP3, no actions and IP4, the sammy gets his last action...
Dragnar
And as a small note, as I don't know if it was simply a mistake in typing or one in understanding: The shotgun troll would roll longarms + agility, not reaction, as stated.
Neraph
Depending on what ammo and what choke the shotgun has, the defender would also get a dice pool penalty on defense pool.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012