Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Players vs. GMs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
fourstring_samurai
I'm trying to see what the ratio of players and gms is.
chime in if ya feel it!
Grey
I mostly play, but I still GM from time to time.
Zazen
This is a good candidate for a poll.

I'm a perpetual GM.
Phaeton
I WANT to GM. But mostly I just play.
Kagetenshi
Perpetual GM, though I've been getting occasional brief glimpses of playerhood.

~J
fourstring_samurai
zazen, you're right!

it will be done!
Yum Donuts
I end up being the GM because everyone else sucks or doesn't want to. some of those that suck don't lack talent, they just won't devote any time to it. so all in all I've gamed a total of 5 sessions in 5 years of GMing SR.
Hot Wheels
I'm almost always a player, though I recently ran a campaign for VtM.
Connor
Long time player, working on filling the GM seat since it looks like the only way I'll ever get to play SR again. Although, I'm really enjoying the experience so far, so no complaints about being 'forced' into it as it were.
ShadowPhoenix
I played once, it was fun, I was hooked, couldn't find another GM, so I ran it myself, and have been running it ever since. have a player of mine thinking about GM'ing, but so far, I'm the only show in town. I really would love to play again... maybe someday. sarcastic.gif
Fahr
Gm, almost exclusively (though there is a SR2er in the group who is thinking of stepping up)...

But I love to GM....

-Mike R.
toturi
I GM and play in roughly the same amount.
Reaver
Alas, I always end up being the GM. Don't get to play much. frown.gif
Fixer
When I had a gaming group, I was almost always the game master. Not by choice, I prefer to play, but they usually ran out of ideas. I had one campaign that ran for a year and a half. Finally just had them do an orbital run and..... they chose badly. I did allow their next characters to be their inheritors, though, so they had a bit of a boost in cash flow compared to normal. They also inherited some of their liabilities as well, so it all balanced out. New characters, same old storyline, and a giant chip on their shoulders.
Jari_Kafghan
I have found this little rule for my running that always means I end up being a GM.

When thou are't a Shadowrunner, and thou lookest for a GM none will appear. But when thou offers to GM for Shadowrunners, they shall swarm to thee in droves.

So I GM JUST so I can live in my little Shadowrun world in some manner.

Cray74
QUOTE (fourstring_samurai)
I'm trying to see what the ratio of players and gms is.
chime in if ya feel it!

Since fairly recent changes in the group (resulting in the exclusion of one player), my whole group takes turns GMing. The excluded player...we usually tried to keep him from GMing, even when everyone else expressed GM burnout and he volunteered.
Large Mike

Not only am I a GM, I am THE GM.
Traks
I GM and I am only Shadowrun GM nearby.
Most GM's run 3rd AD&D, which isn't bad and I enjoy playing.
For me Shadowrun with more deadly combat system and cyberpunk stuff is the best show to run. It is just right atmosphere for my players, which are now really paranoid. You know that then your job as GM is done perfectly.
GoldenAri
I'm always the GM, and I wouldn't have it any other way (I've got too many ideas floating in my head for that). Though I do take a break and do the whole PC bit so that I can retail my focus and understanding of my audience.
Joker9125
I play mostly but i like to GM and make those intricate little traps and plot twist. Like the Jhonson shipping them to a train that was set to explode and then derail eek.gif. I find the hardest part of GMing is finding names for my NPC's frown.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012