Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RFID tags? In MY underwear?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Platinum Dragon
From Landmark magazine:

A Brazilian fashion house is selling
GPS-equipped women’s lingerie. The
designer says while some men might
think they can use it to keep tabs on
their girlfriends, they are wrong
because “the woman can always turn
it off. She can be found only if she
wants to.� The lingerie sells for a cool
$1200 with a standard GPS and up to
$1650 for a more advanced model (GPS
that is!).

What I want to know is: why?!
TheOOB
QUOTE (Platinum Dragon @ Dec 10 2008, 01:11 AM) *

Because someone, somewhere will buy it, and it costs no where near that much to make. In short, profit.

Could be used as sort of a booty call I guess, when your girlfriend/wife/mistresses underware starts popping up on your GPS...might be a good time to head home.
DWC
Or it's a nod to the massive problem affluent people in some parts of the world have with being kidnapped. Just saying.
Hagga
QUOTE (Platinum Dragon @ Dec 10 2008, 05:11 AM) *
From Landmark magazine:

Because you just can't trust her if you don't have complete control, 24/7. She might start thinking for herself.
Stahlseele
Woman:"come find me loverboy" *switches GPS on and off occassionally
imperialus
QUOTE (DWC @ Dec 10 2008, 05:22 AM) *
Or it's a nod to the massive problem affluent people in some parts of the world have with being kidnapped. Just saying.

Yeah, this.
BlacKat
There are other companies offering this in the US and Europe. Specifically marketed as a safety device. If kidnapped or taken hostage or being attacked, the wearer can activate the underware and when the PD comes looking for them, they can be found easier. I believe there is also a company making a bra with a panic button installed that has a mini-cellular tranciever that calls 911.

BlacKat
nezumi
QUOTE (BlacKat @ Dec 10 2008, 11:05 AM) *
I believe there is also a company making a bra with a panic button installed that has a mini-cellular tranciever that calls 911.

I think I may have heard of those. Don't they have a single button in the center of each cup?
Platinum Dragon
QUOTE (nezumi @ Dec 11 2008, 03:29 AM) *
I think I may have heard of those. Don't they have a single button in the center of each cup?

Just be careful not to bump into anyone...

*thud* whoops, sorry *sound of sirens* oh, not again...
MaxMahem
And here I was thinking that best use for this would be to find that one clean pair of undies in my laundry pile nyahnyah.gif
Thadeus Bearpaw
QUOTE (MaxMahem @ Dec 10 2008, 10:24 PM) *
And here I was thinking that best use for this would be to find that one clean pair of undies in my laundry pile nyahnyah.gif

Lol

This reminds me of those chips some families have had installed in their kids to be tracked, scary shit.
hobgoblin
there are times i wonder if not the gun lobby has the right idea about the goings on in the world...

but then i also remind myself if thats true, then things really have gone full circle, and maybe setting up some kind of desert wars where the more hormone fueled in our society can burn some of it off, as that may well have been the full effect of all those wars in our history...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012