Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chrysler-Nissan Patrol-1
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Neraph
Finally, the Police Department is getting their own custom-built, sole purpose vehicle.

I present, the E-7.
http://www.carbonmotors.com/

Here's a list of options:
http://www.carbonmotors.com/take-action/preorder

And someone really needs to show me how to link things in text...
Method
Pretty cool. Here is a cool picture showing the rear suicide door...

Oh and to text link, highlight your text (click and drag) and then hit the green "+" icon at the top of the editor window (next to the smiley face). Then you can link to cool stuff like this.
DMFubar
What I like is that if you look at this picture of the center console, one of the button options is "Radiation". Where exactly will these cars be operating? grinbig.gif
Neraph
QUOTE (DMFubar @ Dec 11 2008, 10:25 AM) *
What I like is that if you look at this picture of the center console, one of the button options is "Radiation". Where exactly will these cars be operating? grinbig.gif

These vehicles will operate all over the United States, and the Radiation Sensor is so the Police will be able to detect WMD usage earlier than, you know, widescale death.
Fix-it
At least theoretically. in reality searching for WMDs with a Geiger counter is like looking for a needle in a box of needles.
hobgoblin
sweet, a modern bluesmobile biggrin.gif
Chrysalis
All I can think of: Has Mattel started making police cars and does it transform into Ultron?
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Dec 11 2008, 10:16 PM) *
All I can think of: Has Mattel started making police cars and does it transform into Ultron?

ultron? would that not be prowl?
Chrysalis
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Dec 12 2008, 12:32 AM) *
ultron? would that not be prowl?

Right Prowl. Although it does remind me of 80s Japanese anime mecha.

-Chrysalis
Jhaiisiin
That's.... pretty impressive actually. Here's hoping it's as much an improvement as it's boasting, and cost effective enough to let the various agencies pick it up en masse. Seems at first glance like this might be a hell of a boon to them.
Fix-it
if they can get diesel to meet emissions standards while maintaining fuel efficiency, I will be really impressed.
DWC
I'm just concerned that it's so underpowered compared to the new Charger.
Jhaiisiin
Mayhap, but compared to the standard interceptors they're using now, it's boasting better performance all around. We'll have to see if it pulls it's weight.

And besides, the charger isn't designed specifically to be a police vehicle, unless I've missed something. In the end, you don't need a fast car when you have a radio that can outrun anyone, and allows your fellow officers to get ahead of the perp.
Neraph
IIRC, the Charger was a vehicle designed for an easier Police conversion, but not neccessarily with the Police as a sole customer (like a mailman's car or an ambulance). The E-7, on the other hand, was designed ground-up by police officers, for police officers.
KarmaInferno
Anyone else reminded of the 6000SUX when they look at this car?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012