Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question re: Shedim
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
The Jake
When a shedim posessess a corpse, do they get access to all the hosts' old memories (presumably that would also include skills, spells, etc)?

- J.
Method
In previous editions only Master Shedim had this ability as detailed in Treats 2 but its a little more vague in Street Magic, which says their level of intelligence varies greatly.
The Jake
QUOTE (Method @ Dec 15 2008, 04:59 AM) *
In previous editions only Master Shedim had this ability as detailed in Treats 2 but its a little more vague in Street Magic, which says their level of intelligence varies greatly.

Agreed. That's why I'm confused. Street Magic (the new reprint I might add) doesn't clarify this, so I'm running off past books which indicated this. And in the case in question, it is for a master shedim (NPC villain that will probably be reoccurring) in my campaign. Good to know we're thinking along the same lines.

Out of curiousity, if the players wanted to go on a metaplanar quest to the Deep Metaplanes to truly banish a Master Shedim, how would you go about it?
I basically plan on having a free spirit open an Astral Gateway and using a material/sympathetic link, track it to the Deep Metaplanes (I'm drawing inspiration from Harlequin's Back). I'm already working on the details for the Dweller on the Threshold and how he'd challenge the players, but I'd like some input/advice onto the horrors/mental scarring they might endure visiting this far away realm - given the Deep Metaplanar home of the Shedim could possibly be the same realm as the Horrors/the Enemy and is comparable to the home world of Cthulu....

- J.
Method
Hmm.. lots of good questions there, but first things first: IIRC you don't need to pass the Dweller if you travel to the metaplanes via an astral gateway.
The Jake
QUOTE (Method @ Dec 15 2008, 05:17 AM) *
Hmm.. lots of good questions there, but first things first: IIRC you don't need to pass the Dweller if you travel to the metaplanes via an astral gateway.

I'll double check this soon. Got my copy of Street Magic here.

It's been such a long time since I ran/played SR I'm still trying to get back into the swing of things....

- J.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012