Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scream Sheets
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
MaxMahem
I was whipping up some handouts for my players and I thought you all might enjoy them as well.

So next time your thugs are out to steal some SOTA weaponry, maybe they should GO FOR THE APEX!
The ARES APEX. The last word in Armor Piercing Explosive weaponry. Check it out.

What do you think? Care to make your own?
Tyro
*reads the PDF*
I'm impressed!
TheOOB
I am impressed and inspired. I may have to make a few of these sometimes.
Rad
The question is:

Does it still have the same stats as regular EX-Ex? biggrin.gif
MaxMahem
QUOTE (Rad @ Dec 15 2008, 04:45 AM) *
The question is:

Does it still have the same stats as regular EX-Ex? biggrin.gif

If you like. We play without AP modifiers at my table, so it all kind of jumbles together anyways.
Malachi
Very nice stuff Max, you've raised the bar for GM's everyone. When's the podcast of this run going to be up? biggrin.gif
hobgoblin
reminds me of the cp2020 chromebooks, nice biggrin.gif

now, if catalyst drops a free pdf like that ever so often wink.gif
ElFenrir
I suddenly became very inspired, as well. biggrin.gif Great job on that. I also need to whip a few of these things together!
ornot
Heheh.

I love the liberal use of TM tags, and the acronyms are hysterical. Do you work in advertising? silly.gif
MaxMahem
Glad you all like it. I'll make more later probably. No I'm not in advertising or anything else. Just though something like this would be fun and make a nice hand-out.

Hopefully if Catalyst did something like this it would be way better. My PDF-foo is week/non-existent.
Method
It would be especially cool if they were plot seeds with some new gear/contacts/locations/ etc...

Edit: oh, and here is a little ad i whipped up awhile back as a handout. LINK
MaxMahem
QUOTE (Method @ Dec 16 2008, 02:01 AM) *
It would be especially cool if they were plot seeds with some new gear/contacts/locations/ etc...

Edit: oh, and here is a little ad i whipped up awhile back as a handout. LINK

Love the ad. It will make some nice pro-humanist propaganda handout for my players. Anyone got anything else?

I did some minor updates to my pdf. Now, if only I had a real PDF editing program I could do some cool stuff like making a transparent background ect. Well I suppose I might could whip something up later. I better get jumping on my back-log of podcasts!
Method
Sweet. My work will be immortalized in your pod casts at least until Crash 1.0.... biggrin.gif
Ryu
Ultra-sweet!

I was going to find a link to Method´s ad, but it is already there.

More, both of you?

The German forum had this one posted recently: Matrix Flick Poster
Method
The only other thing I have is this Corp Logo. Made it for a small subsidiary of Shiawase that collects trash throughout Seattle and dumps it in the Rats Nest. Irony rules.
BIG BAD BEESTE
Very nice ad there MaxMahem. Good layout, good pitch, and a whole lot of anacronyms and techno-talk and even endorsements of the product. Hmmm, didn't see any disclaimer notifications though - perhaps they're in AR RFID tags to pop up in 2070. I can easily envisage taglines like Ares Macrotech Inc. are not responsible for etc., etc. or boxes with government health advice and DO NOT EAT! warnings on the side. Heh, why am I now imagining those fake ads in Robocop?

As to handouts, i really liked the good old 1st ed Scream Sheets - with modern desktop publishing, I can now keep my PCs amused with odd events and previously unknown repercussions of their antics. Helps add depth to the game world setting for my players and keeps me busy at least...

I did once get hardcopy handouts for the UB scenario Missing Blood's datafile for my group. Players where about three hours away from the run deadline when they uncovered a digital copy of that file on the Matrix. They said their characters wanted hardcopy printouts and so I dumped the 80+page copies down in front of each of their astonished faces as in game I told them the printer went berserk spewing hardcopy everywhere. That was done at the last minute of the penultimate session, giving them a week to read through what they'd gotten themselves into. Heh. vegm.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012