Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help with NPC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Sinboy666
Greetings

I am working on a mission where the players are going to face against an elite grop of mercs called team Aesir. Yes, they are based off of the Norse Gods, my idea is:

Odin- Team leader, Human shaman armed with a spear foci
Sif- Elf Adept
Thor- Giant Cybered armed with hammer that does shocking damage.
Baldur- Human Cybered Merc

My question is about how to design thor's hammer. I'm thinking of either simply applying "electrical" damage onto the DV of a Mace or using the DV of a Stun Baton. Which sounds better ?

I was thinking of making the whoile group magical, but thought better of it, being that would seem like stacking the deck, which is also why i choose NOT to use Loki for this group.
cryptoknight
This message isn't missions related. It should be moved.
The Jake
I like the concept. I'd include a hacker/rigger called 'Loki' however. smile.gif Would fit nicely with Winternight's view of the Matrix too.... biggrin.gif

- J.
Neraph
QUOTE (cryptoknight @ Dec 15 2008, 04:59 PM) *
This message isn't missions related. It should be moved.

This isn't the Missions thread.

Other than that, probably the easiest way to work Thor's Hammer would be to use a sledge hammer (or other blunt weapon of your choice) and posess it with an Air elemental that has Energy Aura (Elecricity).

EDIT: Better yet, have that Air Elemental Inhabit it.
Fortune
QUOTE (Neraph @ Dec 16 2008, 11:33 AM) *

Of course, the thread could have already been moved since cryptoknght's post. wink.gif
Neraph
That is a valid point.
Sinboy666
QUOTE (The Jake @ Dec 15 2008, 06:28 PM) *
I like the concept. I'd include a hacker/rigger called 'Loki' however. smile.gif

DUH ! why didn't I think of that. Thanks J.

QUOTE (Neraph @ Dec 15 2008, 07:33 PM) *

Other than that, probably the easiest way to work Thor's Hammer would be to use a sledge hammer (or other blunt weapon of your choice) and posess it with an Air elemental that has Energy Aura (Elecricity).

EDIT: Better yet, have that Air Elemental Inhabit it.

I'm still green with 4th Ed. Rules, can a Mundane use an item like that ??

Thanks for the Replies so quickly.

I'm putting the finishing touches on the Team, (plus now making Loki rotfl.gif ), but I'll post them here for anyone to steal for their game.

Neraph
The hammer is just a hammer. The Spirit possessing it has nothing to do with it being un-usable by mundanes. The hammer would be dual natured and all that jazz, but it isn't a Weapon Focus; it's just a weapon. Anyone and their mother (so long as she was strong enough to lift it) could use that hammer. And you only take the Elemental Damage if A) You hit the hammer (take a melee attack against it) or B) Get hit in melee from it.

EDIT: Edited for clarity.
Sinboy666
Thanks. I would have never thought of that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012