Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Feral Cities available for pre-order and PDF
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Vairdic
Short and sweet, Feral Cities is up for purchase as a PDF or to pre-order it!

Direct from Catalyst
DriveThruRPG.com

Happy Holidays!
AJCarrington
Merry Christmas to us... grinbig.gif
Hagga
I am your willing slave. Please, take my money.
Heath Robinson
I will be wiring my monies via the internets. All of them.

Just as soon as they let me use them.
bofh
Bought. Picked up CthulhuTech PDF as well.

Carl
Malachi
QUOTE (bofh @ Dec 17 2008, 11:25 AM) *
Bought. Picked up CthulhuTech PDF as well.

Carl

"Customers who bought Feral Cities also bought: CthulhuTech"

Don't say you've never affected change in something Carl.
imperialus
Oooo! Happy (slightly early) birthday to me!
DWC
Like the Chicago stuff. Haven't look at Lagos yet.
DMFubar
I have been sneaking peeks at it while sitting at work. I started playing last year with SR4, so I missed out on all the Chicago goodness that came before, but as I read the Chicago section, I can't help but think to myself "Chicago = Fallout 3".
Zormal
Ooooh! Chicago!
MJBurrage
Did the Spire appear magically or was it there all along smile.gif
Zen Shooter01
Huh. Just like that? No previews, no nothing?

Going to buy it now. Lagos, here we come!
fistandantilus4.0
Sweet. I love Christmas.
kanislatrans
Hmm, pay off tow truck bill or buy Feral Cities.....

Aw, hell, its not like they are gonna come and tow my car back to where the wife wrecked it, right? grinbig.gif grinbig.gif

gonna go with the combo this time, I think. I regret not doing that with GC, as we only have one hardcopy shared between two GM's.

TW
QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Dec 17 2008, 12:46 PM) *

I'm pretty sure it's been there all along, it just hasn't been mentioned in previous books wink.gif
hobgoblin
QUOTE (DMFubar @ Dec 17 2008, 05:47 PM) *
I have been sneaking peeks at it while sitting at work. I started playing last year with SR4, so I missed out on all the Chicago goodness that came before, but as I read the Chicago section, I can't help but think to myself "Chicago = Fallout 3".

and what if i told you that the old FASA HQ was located in chicago? wink.gif
DWC
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Dec 18 2008, 01:21 PM) *

Not just in Chicago, but at the site of the nuke blast, on Cermak Road.
DMFubar
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Dec 18 2008, 02:21 PM) *

Then I woul have to reply "Heh". grinbig.gif
Adam
Here's the TOC: http://shadowrun4.com/resources/downloads/...lcities_toc.pdf
Fuchs
The Lagos part looks very nice, the Geneva part less so (although being Swiss I am biased - it just does not sound like our perfectionist selves to let such a thing happen, much less endure, not even for our french-speaking citizens, who are traditionally a bit more laid-back).
Zen Shooter01
Fuchs, you're Swiss? Gee, the things you don't know about people you know on the internet...
Zen Shooter01
I want to say that the "Locusts And Honey" section of the Chicago material is absolutely outstanding. Sure, OK, huge parts of Chicago are the barrens, savage gangs, life is cheap, perpetual traffic jam of dead cars, all right, sounds like fun. But then this ecological material gives such a vivid sense of place, it makes Chicago stand out from other Sixth World cities in a bold way. There aren't many squirrels, because the devil rats eat them! Priceless!

Frankly, I've always wanted more material on climate and ecology. How warm is it there? How often does it rain?

Of course, I'm a little put out that "Locusts And Honey" makes references to a number of paranimals for which there are no fourth edition stats. I look forward to Running Wild...but I've been looking forward for several years now.
PlatonicPimp
QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Dec 17 2008, 05:46 PM) *

I don't know, but either way I bet it had something to do wtih Harlequinn
imperialus
See and that's one of the sections that I thought was the weakest in the book. They spent 8 pages basically telling us.

"Most the dual natured stuff is dead... cept devil rats, but they don't count.
There are lots of bugs, especially bees.
No, you can't play a vampire."

Overall I thought the book was great though, and I (think I) can see why the ecology section appeals to you.
kanislatrans
ARRRGGHH! Wife bought bunch of Xmas crap on internet...no monies this week... going to sell blood plasma and hopefully order next week. wobble.gif wobble.gif

( tell me again why I got married??) grinbig.gif grinbig.gif
BlueMax
QUOTE (kanislatrans @ Dec 19 2008, 02:38 PM) *
ARRRGGHH! Wife bought bunch of Xmas crap on internet...no monies this week... going to sell blood plasma and hopefully order next week. wobble.gif wobble.gif

( tell me again why I got married??) grinbig.gif grinbig.gif

I don't know you well enough to tell you why. However, I got married for the dependent disad. Needed points, you know.

I asked for the Magic booklet as a stocking stuffer, then I asked for Ghost Cartels and now I have to ask for Feral Cities. I am high maintenance.
bofh
I'm pretty high maintenance as well but I have a pretty reasonable job and we only have the house and utilities as bills.

I'm still reading FC but I do like Chicago so far.

Carl
knasser

Well that was unexpected (to me, at least). Have been too busy to visit the forums much this last few weeks, I come back and find I'm several days late in purchasing a Shadowrun book. It's downloading now and I didn't even preview it. That's how much faith I have in things after your work so far. smile.gif

@kanislatrans: You got married because otherwise you would immerse yourself so completely in your game books that you would eventually stop functioning in the real world. You would then lose your job. You would then be unable to puchase more game books.

I am assuming, btw, that your wife does not have a [b]DS[/]b account? smile.gif

Okay downloaded. Off to read, now.

K.
knasser

Heh! Is FastJack's comment on page 9 a dig at all those of us who took Emergence to task for the far-fetched nature of the anti-TM lynchings? biggrin.gif

K.
martindv
Nooooooooo...

I like it. Especially how /b/ took over Geneva. That's awesome.
hobgoblin
heh, say bye bye to any UN influence...
hermit
Stupid Geneva development is stupid.
hobgoblin
popcorn anyone?

btw, lagos sounds like a place to stage a black lagoon recreation wink.gif
hermit
It does, though Southeast Asia would work too (and be more close to the original). But yes, it would work. It would also work for reenactments of Blood Diamonds, Outbreak, Bug City, or Apocalypse Now (or, come to think of it, Predator 2). Good to see some stuff on Africa, finally, after more than a decade.
Zen Shooter01
Predator 2?
hermit
Yes. Don't say you don't know the movie.
Zen Shooter01
I know that the movie was set in LA, which is in Corporate Enclaves, not Feral Cities.
hermit
True, but the movie's LA is a lot more than SR's Lagos than that ... thing ... in Corp Enclaves.
kanislatrans
*Kanis eats crow* wife surprised me,bought combo for me for Cxsmas.

now I remember why I married her. Cause she knows me better than I know myself. grinbig.gif grinbig.gif

lovin' Chicago. gonna go there after GC. or maybe I'll throw a little side trip on the crew during GC. Lots of great plot hooks and side stuff there.
hermit
How's that for cute. wink.gif
martindv
I wish the Ethiomalian Territories didn't turn out exactly as one would expect that region to if you read the papers.
hermit
Pity really. The only African country that wasn't the product of colonisation. There goes another explanation of the African dilemma.
Fix-it
the tollway signs game me the chills on pg 52. I drove past them this morning.

/always takes his hat off when he passes the Cermak exit.

EDIT: btw, nice reference to http://makezine.com/
Cardul
Ilike the revelation of exactly who pointed Ares toChicago, and the little reference to "Ha! Remember when all datanodes were blue cubes?"....I love the little references that the old timers would recognize.
hobgoblin
hmm, now thats interesting...
bofh
And, just to complete my PDF SR4 collection, I picked up Corporate Enclaves yesterday along with Verde Mechum and Dark Passions PDFs. Won't get the SR4 core until it's updated though. I bring my core book with me to games anyway so it doesn't add all that much but it'd be nice to have the entire PDF set smile.gif

Carl
hermit
Vade Mecum and Dark Passions really rock. Been reading into my own copy of Vade Mecum today. Great stuff.
Hagga
I really hope whoever did the art for the book this time is kept on. The Infected and metatype art in RC was shocking.
Grinder
You speak of the guy who's resopinsible for the art on pg. 81 i.e., don't you?
hermit
And I always had such a liking of Matt Groening ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012