Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will we see Pax again?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
The Jake
It's hinted by Puck that she's still around.

Can someone confirm we haven't seen the last of Pax?

NOTE: If I were in Shadowrun, I'd hit it.

- J.
GreyBrother
She appeared in a german novel *snicker* as a henchman of a new AI in the Munich Renraku Arcology or stuff.
I am not making this up!

But thank ghosts, that novel isn't canon. And i sure hope she will return in one or the other way.
The Jake
Do they read any of the sourcebooks before writing the German novels?

Anyone that's read Brainscan would know she'd never serve another AI ever again....

- J.
GreyBrother
Not every one is that bad. Avoid the works of Heitz and you get some pretty decent books.
Steampunk
Perhaps not every one, but too many. But the mentioned one was even worse than usual.
The Jake
Back to the topic....

... does anyone know if Pax will be back?

I hope so. She makes a great villain.

I'd also like to know if Winternight survive the Crash.

- J.
Malachi
I hope she does make a re-appearance.

The Renraku Arcology/Deus plotline has so far been my favourite in SR.
Synner
Pax - Read Unwired very carefully and then read one of the intro fic vignettes in Feral Cities.

Winternight - One of the Norns survived. More on her in an upcoming book.
Malachi
Ooooo teasers!

*grabs Unwired to read the Technomancer section again* (That's where I'm guessing the clue is buried.)
Jaid
thought i remembered something very pax-like in description in the geneva section of feral cities. certainly the fact that netcat believes no technomancer who serves the resonance would do what those technomancers have done is kinda like whacking people over the head with a giant hammer while screaming "they're dissonant, people" in terms of subtelty =P
Malachi
Ok, freaky. There's a TM Paragon called The World Tree. Does anyone else remember what Deus looked like in the Matrix?
hobgoblin
there is a dissonance one named jormungand as well wink.gif
TheGothfather
QUOTE (Malachi @ Dec 22 2008, 11:40 AM) *
Ok, freaky. There's a TM Paragon called The World Tree. Does anyone else remember what Deus looked like in the Matrix?
There's also one called Pax-Nemesis.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (TheGothfather @ Dec 22 2008, 08:45 PM) *
There's also one called Pax-Nemesis.

no can find...
TheGothfather
It's under the Dissonant paragons. It's listed as Nemesis, but the description says that she's sometimes referred to as Pax-Nemesis. I believe that that would be the second coming of Pax.

EDIT: I'll see if I can't find a page reference when I go home for lunch.
Malachi
QUOTE (Synner @ Dec 22 2008, 12:36 PM) *
Pax - Read Unwired very carefully and then read one of the intro fic vignettes in Feral Cities.

Oh, I totally found it! Unwired pg. 164. Puck (if you don't know - he used to be one of Deus' Banded but left; he was present for the Singularity where all 3 of SR's big AI's fought it out during the Novatech IPO; he also hand-delivered the Jormungund code "egg" that infected Deus) mentions investigated a "group of AIs" calling themselves the "Code Clan." He also comes across a group of TM's calling themselves the Discordians (duh) who are "somehow" involved with the "Code Clan" and are "taking orders from some seriously cold-hearted slitch" (slitch - shadowslang... many I love it when it's used. Peter - more shadowslang!). He goes on to say that, when he ID'd some members of the "Discoridans," two of them were members of Ex Pacis (which was Pax's Dissonant Otaku group). After revealing this info and going to "look into it further" Netcat mentions that Puck hasn't been online for 5 days, and this is unusual.

The fiction at the beginning of the Game Information chapter of Feral Cities has Netcat and Pistons in Italy somewhere, "Because Puck was going to talk to the Capotreni , before he went MIA." Interesting stuff.

The revealing of metaplot stuff through sourcebooks is great, I don't care what anybody else says. Thanks for the treasure hunt, Synner.
Malachi
QUOTE (Unwired pg.177)
Nemesis
Interpreted in its original meaning (“to give what is due�),
Nemesis is the remorseless personified digital fate and retribution.
While some follow her as the embodiment of an avenging angel
and a paragon that punishes those deemed unworthy in the name
of the Dissonance, some see her as the true instigator of Crash
2.0 and the Dissonance worm, calling Nemesis by her old Roman
name, Pax-Nemesis.

Man, I did not read this book carefully enough the first time...
hobgoblin
ah, so thats whats with netcats "pot kettle" comment. i had puck confused with clockwork (the one that gained a new low thrust rating in emergence, iirc).

damn it, im tempted to start some kind of wiki on the shadowtalkers of SR4...
Malachi
Puck (as a character) is featured in Brainscan and System Failure.

A wiki on Shadowrun characters would be exceptionally useful. I don't know how it is in many other RPG's but Shadowrun has one of the "tightest" timelines that I have ever encountered. You can still pick up a 1st Edition sourcebook and get information relevant to characters right now. Much of the detail that was given in some of those early sourcebooks hasn't ever been repeated so you still need to go back to the old sourcebook to get all the detail. Also, I feel like I'm missing things a lot of the time because I haven't read a lot of the novels. I get a sense sometimes that a particular character or something has been introduced or developed in a novel that I haven't read.
hobgoblin
to bad that wiki.dumpshock.com seems to be down thanks to vandalism...

ah, found the list i had in mind:
http://www.shadowrun4.com/resources/sr4/sh...talker_list.pdf

and i see that puck's on it, so he didnt suddenly start showing up smile.gif
Hagga
QUOTE (Synner @ Dec 22 2008, 04:36 PM) *

Winternight - One of the Norns survived. More on her in an upcoming book.

Yay! Friday!

Even though Thursday was much more interesting. I could see him slaughtering his way through a city screaming MAIM BURN KILL at the top of his lungs. Fun for the entire family.
Dr Funfrock
A shadowtalker wiki would be pretty awesome.

And for those who haven't seen it (because it's buried in an odd part of the site), the following link is to a PDF file containing a one line bio of each of the shadowtalkers: http://www.shadowrun4.com/resources/sr4/sh...talker_list.pdf

Well worth a read, just because it has a tonne of fun little tidbits (my favourite of the listed professions is Elijah, described as "Daredevil Archeologist")

Also worth checking out is Target: Matrix which has write ups on Slamm-O, Smiling Bandit, and Fastjack.

--EDIT--
I see that Hobgoblin beat me to it.
And hell yeah, Thursday was awesome. Then again, the dude is named after Thor. It's kind of hard for him not to be.

Also, note well that there are actually four days of the week that relate to Norse gods. We've only seen Odin (Wednesday), Thor (Thursday), and Freya (Friday). I suspect this means Tyr, the one handed god of war (Tuesday) is due to make an appearance.
hobgoblin
hmm, puck is gone in italy.

nemesis is also known as pax-nemesis in old roman...

someone please wack me over the head with a sourcebook...
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Dr Funfrock @ Dec 22 2008, 11:01 PM) *
Odin (Wednesday)

just for the record here, the connection is that odin is also known as wodan (iirc).
attack
Check out page 164.
The Jake
QUOTE (Malachi @ Dec 22 2008, 07:04 PM) *
Ooooo teasers!

*grabs Unwired to read the Technomancer section again* (That's where I'm guessing the clue is buried.)

Page 164. Read Puck's Shadowtalk.

Thanks Synner. Ya-hoo.... biggrin.gif

- J.
GreyBrother
Interestingly enough, the Code Clan existed way back in the '60.

Do your homework chummers. It sure looks like the matrix isn't the playground of humanity anymore.
Hagga
The Matrix stopped being the playground of metahumanity the moment the crash virus got loose.

Even if it isn't from Mars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012