Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Evil uses of fixers
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
The Jake
GMs - How have you abused a fixer to torment a group of PCs?
PCs - How has your GM tormented you via your group fixer?

Discuss.

- J.
Stahlseele
The Groups Fixer totally not getting the fact that the most annoying elfen bitch ever is a useless piece of meat and insisting on her being part of allmost every run, because he thinks that she actually managed to make it all work despite her being at fault for things going belly up most of the time . .
The Jake
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Dec 22 2008, 03:27 PM) *
The Groups Fixer totally not getting the fact that the most annoying elfen bitch ever is a useless piece of meat and insisting on her being part of allmost every run, because he thinks that she actually managed to make it all work despite her being at fault for things going belly up most of the time . .

This sounds waaaay too much like my day job dealing with inept Project Managers!

I can't subject my PCs to this...

That is just too cruel....

- J.
Stahlseele
my GM's do <.< . . ALL OF THEM ;_;
Only thing she's good for with her bratty behaviour, wanting to score drinks and other freebies by being sexy without delivering the goods is starting fights . .
she can do NOTHING right -.-
Fuchs
Sounds more like a GM/Player issue than a fixer/runner relation.
Stahlseele
no, the player is nice and all, only the character sucks . .
The Jake
I'm sorry but this REALLY reminds me of work.

I know of at least one slutty PM who fits this description to a T (replace fights with another naughty f-word...). Thankfully she doesn't work with us anymore but that's another story...

- J.
Bashfull
Do you have her number? wink.gif
The Jake
QUOTE (Bashfull @ Dec 22 2008, 05:07 PM) *
Do you have her number? wink.gif

You REALLY don't want it....

- J.
Morrigana
The PCs had, during a run, accidentally namedropped the Fixer to the megacorp they were running for. You would think their decker would have bothered to access the completely unprotected sound recording part of the security system and turned off the sound recorders scattered throughout the system. Needless to say, said Fixer was not happy when some megacorp security decided to use his home for target practice and a drone demolition derby.

What did the Fixer do? Simple. He took the credsticks the Johnson sent for the group, replaced them with C12 sticks designed to look like regular credsticks. Then, he took the guns that were also part of the reward, altered them to automatically jam, and filled them with Ex-Ex. Finally, he called up the corp in question and arranged a deal, where he'd trade them the runners responsible and the Johnson in exchange for being allowed to get a new identity from them and do work for them until he's cleared his name.

The runners did manage to survive and escape and are not currently hunted by the megacorp... and they learned to keep their mouths shut when it comes to names while on a run.
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Dec 22 2008, 04:27 PM) *

Who? That elven hooker who specializes in trown weapons having abismal strenght?
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Dec 22 2008, 04:39 PM) *
my GM's do <.< . . ALL OF THEM ;_;
Only thing she's good for with her bratty behaviour, wanting to score drinks and other freebies by being sexy without delivering the goods is starting fights . .
she can do NOTHING right -.-

Yes that hooker.
Just tell her that every time she screwes a 'run up she IS going to have to pay the medical expenses with hers body (same things for causing bar brawls). At wrost she developes a taste for trolls. biggrin.gif
Stahlseele
if that happens, i stop playing trolls
MaxMahem
I have not really done any to nasty tricks with fixers. In my mind Fixers have always been contacts of the players, even if they don't necessarily pay for them with BP. And contacts in my game don't sell you out unless you give them good reason to. I've even had fixers go so far as continue to pay out their part of there part of the bargin when acting as the middle man, even if the Johnson screwed them.

Johnsons of course though are a whole other story. The numberous ways they have screwed over the players in my game are legion.

I figure 1 out of ever 5 runs or so should be a screw-over. Just to keep the players on their toes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012