Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What reprints are in the pipeline?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
tweak
I'd like to pick up some new books and pick up some revised versions of others. I have the 1st printing of Shadowrun 4, so I'd like a new version of that book.

Anybody have dates or can tell me what is available? I'd like to get my hands on Street Magic.
Tiger Eyes
QUOTE (tweak @ Dec 24 2008, 06:19 PM) *
I'd like to pick up some new books and pick up some revised versions of others. I have the 1st printing of Shadowrun 4, so I'd like a new version of that book.

Anybody have dates or can tell me what is available? I'd like to get my hands on Street Magic.

Street Magic (with shiny new cover), Arsenal, and Unwired are all reprinted. Street Magic and Arsenal should be available in stores now, Unwired should be coming soon.
Morrigana
I know that the main book itself is on its fourth printing now.
Muspellsheimr
Sixth Printing, with Fifth Printing being the latest Errata (which still has not been posted on shadowrun4.com).

Arsenal & Unwired have not yet been reprinted, but are on their way (supposedly).

Street Magic has been reprinted with an orange/red overdo to the blue cover.
Morrigana
QUOTE (Muspellsheimr @ Dec 24 2008, 05:42 PM) *
Sixth Printing, with Fifth Printing being the latest Errata (which still has not been posted on shadowrun4.com).

Ack! That's going to cause issues.
Muspellsheimr
It's been causing issues for a year. About a week ago, I brought it to the developers attention (again), & Adam (or maybe Synner) said they would update it over the weekend. That didn't happen - again.
hobgoblin
was not the 5th and 6th basically reruns of 4th with no extra corrections?

basically something for catalyst to sell so as to fuel the production of other books that had been in the pipeline before then handover from fanpro?
Adam
It's been causing issues for a year. About a week ago, I brought it to the developers attention (again), & Adam (or maybe Synner) said they would update it over the weekend. That didn't happen - again.

My laptop melted down on Monday. Suffice to say, there were a few "christmas treats" that are still in the oven.

QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Dec 24 2008, 08:26 PM) *
was not the 5th and 6th basically reruns of 4th with no extra corrections?

No. The fifth printing -- first by Catalyst -- had extensive corrections.
Vairdic
QUOTE (Muspellsheimr @ Dec 24 2008, 07:42 PM) *
Arsenal & Unwired have not yet been reprinted, but are on their way (supposedly).

Both are reprinted and available (Arsenal's been available for almost a month now, and Unwired about two weeks).
Muspellsheimr
That is very odd - I do not recall seeing anything about the Arsenal release (including it not being in the local book/gaming stores), and I distinctly remember seeing something in the last few days saying Unwired is still on its way (it certainly is not in the stores here yet).

Edit: Street Magic & Shadowrun 4 where reprinted a month ago. Arsenal had an updated PDF released at around the same time. An Arsenal reprint has not made it to retailers as far as I can tell (& I have looked). The same is true for Unwired.
Adam
Happy holidays: http://shadowrun4.com/resources/sr4/sr4_errata_v18.pdf
Muspellsheimr
I'm not sure if "Thank You" or "About Time" is more appropriate biggrin.gif
Fortune
Nice Christmas spirit!

I'll just settle for saying thanks.
tweak
QUOTE (Adam @ Dec 24 2008, 08:45 PM) *

Thanks.

It's decided. I need a current printing.
Rotbart van Dainig
Thanks. Guess the next one will be the one with revised sensor ratings.
bofh
QUOTE (Vairdic @ Dec 24 2008, 05:37 PM) *
Both are reprinted and available (Arsenal's been available for almost a month now, and Unwired about two weeks).

Is there an errata out for Unwired yet? I don't see it on shadowrun4.

And thanks for the 5th printing errata.

Carl
MJBurrage
QUOTE (Adam @ Dec 24 2008, 07:45 PM) *

Many thanks, and Happy Holidays.
Jaid
the errata on pg 44 for the shotguns choke/spread/whatever table has a DN where it should be DV in that errata. might be good to catch that before you print it or anything like that...
tweak
QUOTE (Jaid @ Dec 24 2008, 10:27 PM) *
the errata on pg 44 for the shotguns choke/spread/whatever table has a DN where it should be DV in that errata. might be good to catch that before you print it or anything like that...

So when is the errata gonna come out for the errata? wobble.gif
Ryu
Thanks Adam.
wanderer_king
Are there any plans to release or update older books? I would love to have updates or even just new copies of old favorites like Shadows of Asia, Paranormal Critters of (Pick a habit zone here). Are there even any plans for stuff like that, or just more stuff like Ghost Cartels and Emergence (adventure books)
Prime Mover
QUOTE (wanderer_king @ Dec 26 2008, 09:03 AM) *
Are there any plans to release or update older books? I would love to have updates or even just new copies of old favorites like Shadows of Asia, Paranormal Critters of (Pick a habit zone here). Are there even any plans for stuff like that, or just more stuff like Ghost Cartels and Emergence (adventure books)

I wouldn't expect out of print books from previous editions to be reprinted or touched up. But we've seen some of this material recapped in recent books and I'm sure more too come this year. "Running Wild" the 4th edition critters and critter related info book slated about 3 books down the line (Was personally hoping to see that one first quarter but looking more like second of this year...we'll see).
bofh
Considering how hard it is to get the core PDF updated, I wouldn't expect the older books to be touched. I'm looking forward to Running Wild as well.

Carl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012