Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HK-47
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
masterofm
What if there was an anthroform droid that was actually created by Deus in the event that there was a matrix crash. It would always be searching for ways to bring back its "master" and at the same time would have an utter lack of compassion for human life. Knowing that its master is gone it might start running in the shadows (as its love for killing and harming people might make it a perfect instrument) for a chance to find other Deus shards, or maybe find a complete form of its master once again.

HK-47 should totally be in Shadowrun somewhere... although I expect its name in Shadowrun is AK-97

*edit* Yes I know I made a mistake on Dues instead of Deus in the main topic posting... dang nabbit! *edit*
Delta56
I think I will have to steal this idea.

I personally like it, and get back to you with a statblock
Stahlseele
isn't the HK-47 and the AK-97 both in there somewhere allready? O.o
Delta56
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Dec 26 2008, 01:46 PM) *

Not exactly a rifle =P the Ak-97 is in the BBB.
Stahlseele
*shrugs*
Details ^^
GreyBrother
Just... create a normal homicidal AI hardwired to a Anthroform drone and be good with it. The Deus Connection feels kinda... enforced.
Hagga
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Dec 26 2008, 09:46 PM) *

Learn your niche culture references, meatbag.
Beetle
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Dec 27 2008, 03:24 AM) *
*shrugs*
Details ^^

Allow me to enlighten you beyond an "i can has cheezburger" style meme.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CqpGfWrmc4
Larme
IMO, good Shadowrun characters are rarely stolen from Star Wars fiction. And I think that goes double for a droid -- while droids can run around pretending to be benign in Star Wars ("I am but a humble protocol droid on an errand for my master, good sir") it doesn't really work that way in Shadowrun. AFAIK, there are no autonamous anthroforms on the market designed to operate outside of the home on their own. There are manservants, but they are (purposely) clumsy and ill suited for walking around outside. An anthroform running around on its own will inspire suspicion and/or fear, or at least turn heads. Unlike in Star Wars, Shadowrun is not a world where anthroform droids can blend into the background. If you want to be an AI with a drone body, you'd better one of those garbage can shaped delivery drones...
GreyBrother
Or something high up in the sky... or small enough in the vents...

Meme Time: I'm in your vents, watching you sleep!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012