Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whatever happened to Holostreets?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
tweak
I'm planning on canceling my WoW account at the end of this month, and I'm thinking about signing up for Battlecorps. I thought a Shadowrun equivalent was in the works. Whatever happened to it?
Earlydawn
For the uninformed, what is Holostreets? A Shadowrun MMO?
Adam
Holostreets is a subscription service for Shadowrun that IMR was working on; when IMR also got the license to do Shadowrun and BattleTech print products and formed Catalyst Game Labs, it got heavily backburnered, and also changed in scope. There's been behind-the-scenes work going on since then, but no estimates when the service will be up and running.
Cardul
I really wish it had not been backburnered, what with the novels now being back-burnered....
Jaid
who said the novels are being backburnered?

last i heard, there was supposed to be a couple coming out in the next year or so i thought?
Cardul
QUOTE (Jaid @ Dec 29 2008, 05:23 AM) *
who said the novels are being backburnered?

last i heard, there was supposed to be a couple coming out in the next year or so i thought?

*points to no Mechwarrior or Battletech Novels in November and December* Also, we do not have the name for the Shadowrun novel supposed to be out in January to even try and get our local bookstores to order it. And Book-a-million, when I stopped by asking about my order of Bonfire of Worlds, told me that the book had its release canceled.

So, since the books are not coming out on time, and having releases canceled(There are no upcoming books from Loren Coleman according to my local BaM, for instance, and Shadows of Faith is supposed to be the first battletech novel coming out), it can be reasoned that the entire fiction line is being backburnered.
GreyBrother
I'm sorry but what does "backburnered" mean?
BookWyrm
"Backburnered" is derived from the phrase: "Let's put that on the back-burner for now." Meaning that although he subject is important, it requires less attention compared to other items/subjects, and is therefore put aside---NOT cancelled, but given slightly less priority than the larger issue at hand, untill there is more time to adress the lesser subject.
Translation: It means that Holostreets is on hiatus until more time can be devoted to it.
Stahlseele
Wsn't Rule Nr.1 of Holostreets: "You do NOT ask about Holostreets" ?
Grinder
Second rule of Holostreets: You don not talk about SoLA.
Adarael
HAH! So true!
Adam
QUOTE (Cardul @ Dec 29 2008, 06:59 AM) *
So, since the books are not coming out on time, and having releases canceled(There are no upcoming books from Loren Coleman according to my local BaM, for instance, and Shadows of Faith is supposed to be the first battletech novel coming out), it can be reasoned that the entire fiction line is being backburnered.

It isn't. We've delayed them a little bit, but we haven't cancelled any titles.

[There's a *lot* going on behind the scenes, especially with WizKids ceasing operations ... we only have so many human resources.]
Warlordtheft
QUOTE (Adam @ Dec 29 2008, 04:14 PM) *
we only have so many human resources.]

Darn Ghouls.............. grinbig.gif
Zen Shooter01
Holostreets is a dsinformation campaign invented by the corporation to make sure Dumpshockers never run out of things to post about. wink.gif

In fairness, a ton of cool stuff has come out since Holostreets went MIA. It's not like the company hasn't been doing anything.
Cain
QUOTE (Zen Shooter01 @ Dec 29 2008, 01:40 PM) *
In fairness, a ton of cool stuff has come out since Holostreets went MIA. It's not like the company hasn't been doing anything.

Ah, you've read SoLA recently, have you? nyahnyah.gif
Grinder
You didn't? grinbig.gif
Wesley Street
Chocolate golems, baby. Chocolate golems.
Ryu
Sweet Chocolate golems, bitter chocolate golems. Qualities are "Intoxicating Smell" and "Delicious"...
BookWyrm
Mmmm, choco-golems......
BookWyrm
QUOTE (Zen Shooter01 @ Dec 29 2008, 04:40 PM) *
Holostreets is a dsinformation campaign invented by the corporation to make sure Dumpshockers never run out of things to post about. wink.gif

[Portal-esque joke]There is no Holostreets. Holostreets is a lie.[/joke]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012