Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What does the Lord Protector charge for cyberware licenses?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
hermit
Quick question: What dioes the Lord-Protector charge for permits to carry non-combat cyberware?
Cang
I would probable go with (and this is a complete guess) around the same as it is to carry a concealed weapon or such thing. Perhaps you can get it waived if you can prove it to be a medical need. Something like 50 to 100 nuyen which need to be updated yearly or around those lines.

Here is something i found on the net. Shadowrun permits
wusselpompf
as I read p. 141 of the London SB, non-offensive 'ware is 200% of the list price, including the registration fee, since there is no other (legal) way to buy it.
Stahlseele
meaning effectively you'd pay tripple the usual price and be done with it.
and i'll wager a guess and say this stacks with grade cost too, so it gets expansive fast.
hrm . . does one need a license for cyberlimbs?
hermit
No, it's about cyber that's already there, for tourists, not for cyber bought in London.
Stahlseele
ah, okay.
hermit
Thanks anyway though. smile.gif
Kyoto Kid
...I love setting campaigns in the UK.

Had a PC actually look around London for a gun show to go to. That was very amusing. grinbig.gif

Commander Chekov in 1980s San Francisco [with cop nearby]: "Where do they keep the Nuclear wessls?
hermit
I have a london-only character. I really like that setting too (maybe that should be liked, though, with SR4's tendency to develop sprawls for 'easier access').
Hagga
The Lord Protector is a bastard. "Oh, oh, you've accidently set fire to most of london, FINE, I'm going to slam a powerbolt into you from my manor while I sip brandy and sleep with whores, how do you like those apples? We are not amused."
InfinityzeN
QUOTE (Hagga @ Jan 3 2009, 08:19 PM) *
The Lord Protector is a bastard. "Oh, oh, you've accidently set fire to most of london, FINE, I'm going to slam a powerbolt into you from my manor while I sip brandy and sleep with whores, how do you like those apples? We are not amused."

That gave me a good chuckle. rotfl.gif
BIG BAD BEESTE
Heh, like he'd do the dirty work himself. That's what his lackeys in the NDM and the triple-O (Oversight Office Operative) agents are for. As for mansions, well, he'll have his share but his personal abode outside of good old London town is Warwick Castle, which just so happens to currently be down the road from me.
FlakJacket
Really? Where are you located?
Hagga
What book was his initiate grade listed in? I think, as of 2052, it was grade 12.

The UK in Shadowrun is a wonderful place, if only to show how dystopian the world is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012