Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aztech Pyramid, Seattle
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Hagga
how does it look? Something like this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transamerica_Pyramid

Or perhaps more along the lines of : http://www.aztec-history.net/media/aztec-pyramid-1.jpg

Just curious, given the way that building permits and the availability of some things could muck with the Corps building plans, as well as public opinion.
Ancient History
Well, aside from the pictures in the sourcebooks, I always like to think of it like this.
Hagga
What sourcebooks, precisely? Never seen it before in any of them, barring the one in Tenochitilan.
Ancient History
The Seattle Sourcebook and New Seattle both feature versions of it on the cover.
wind_in_the_stones
I have no reason to believe it's shaped like anything other than a traditional Aztec pyramid.
pbangarth
The sourcebooks have good pictures, as Ancient History noted.

As an aside, Hagga, don't believe everything you see on the internet. The picture on aztec-history.net that you quote is actually a picture of El Castillo, a Mayan pyramid at Chichén Itzá.

Peter
tete
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jan 4 2009, 07:38 AM) *

As an aside, Hagga, don't believe everything you see on the internet. The picture on aztec-history.net that you quote is actually a picture of El Castillo, a Mayan pyramid at Chichén Itzá.

Peter

WHAT!!!! are you saying wikipedia could be wrong sometimes? shocking!
Hagga
First image off google image search, actually.
BIG BAD BEESTE
Of course it also depends on whether you're assensing the bugger, it looks quite on the astral. biggrin.gif
FlakJacket
QUOTE (Hagga @ Jan 4 2009, 01:24 AM) *
how does it look? Perhaps more along the lines of : http://www.aztec-history.net/media/aztec-pyramid-1.jpg

Well New Seattle refers to it as a step pyramid so probably something like that. Of course considering the scale of the thing the steps would be so massive they'd simply be decorative. On the plus side since the steps would be so large it gives you a handy ready made place to site your helicopter pads like in AnHi's picture and the temple at the top (the square bit) is going to be the size of a mid-sized office block in its own right which can be reserved for the corporate executives, both being mentioned in the original Seattle sourcebook IIRC.
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Jan 4 2009, 02:36 AM) *
Well, aside from the pictures in the sourcebooks, I always like to think of it like this.

Isn't that from Bladerunner?
Ancient History
Yee-up.
martindv
QUOTE (FlakJacket @ Jan 5 2009, 08:19 PM) *
Well New Seattle refers to it as a step pyramid so probably something like that. Of course considering the scale of the thing the steps would be so massive they'd simply be decorative.

IIRC from the Seattle Sourcebook, each floor is one "step," at about 3m tall each. It's funny how Tarlan Greenborough mentions that he wanted to touch the wall which was glowing faux crystal and before he could a ACS cop pulled a gun on him.
pbangarth
The term 'step pyramid' refers to the broad consruction of the pyramid in successively smaller layers, such as most Mesoamerican pyramids or Mesopotamian Ziggurats, not to the steps that mount one or more sides to allow people to ascend the pyramid.

Peter
Muspellsheimr
Random Post # 3
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (martindv @ Jan 13 2009, 09:23 PM) *
IIRC from the Seattle Sourcebook, each floor is one "step," at about 3m tall each. It's funny how Tarlan Greenborough mentions that he wanted to touch the wall which was glowing faux crystal and before he could a ACS cop pulled a gun on him.

ACS? What's that? Azzie Corporate Security?
Also which sourcebook the first or the second?
BlacKat
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jan 4 2009, 07:38 AM) *

Peter

Which if I remember right is built on top of an Aztec pyramid. Its been years since I was last there, so I dont remember exactly what the tourguide told us, but there is a side entrance by one of the stairways that allows you inside to see the inner pyramid. Its pretty cool to see, but roasting hot inside.

BlacKat
pbangarth
QUOTE (BlacKat @ Jan 14 2009, 10:36 AM) *
Which if I remember right is built on top of an Aztec pyramid. Its been years since I was last there, so I dont remember exactly what the tourguide told us, but there is a side entrance by one of the stairways that allows you inside to see the inner pyramid. Its pretty cool to see, but roasting hot inside.
BlacKat

It was layered, but built before there were Aztecs.

Peter
martindv
QUOTE (AllTheNothing @ Jan 14 2009, 07:49 AM) *
ACS? What's that? Azzie Corporate Security?
Also which sourcebook the first or the second?

Yes.

The Seattle Sourcebook is a first edition book. If I meant New Seattle or something else, I'd have said that instead.
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (martindv @ Jan 14 2009, 11:13 PM) *
Yes.

The Seattle Sourcebook is a first edition book. If I meant New Seattle or something else, I'd have said that instead.

Sorry but "New Seattle" is a sourcebook about Seattle, you have been correct but those titles are ambiguous frown.gif .
Anyway I wish to know more about the lasered quartz. Does anyone have any dirt on it? Is it just the Azzies not want anyone to dreck their (bloody) emblem or there's something else?
Pyritefoolsgold
In our game, it looks kind of like a crater, but we've tended to have that effect on things.
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Pyritefoolsgold @ Jan 15 2009, 12:25 AM) *
In our game, it looks kind of like a crater, but we've tended to have that effect on things.

A crater of that size would mean an explosion big enough to severely affect the whole downtown, not to mention the falling debrids being scattered over a huge area. Are you sure it's a crater and not ruins/a pile of rumble.
Hagga
Perhaps they just subscribe to the Guy Fawkes school of things and caused it to collapse, then blew up the pieces.
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (Hagga @ Jan 3 2009, 07:24 PM) *
Just curious, given the way that building permits and the availability of some things could muck with the Corps building plans, as well as public opinion.

At the time of Pyramid's construction (due largely to Aztechnology's place on the Corporate Court, their fantastic Public Relations department - not to mention the Business Accords binding the UCAS) there was nothing short of dragon going Ghostwalker on their quarry to prevent the Azzies from having their little clone castle of faux crystal; which, IIRC, was a match to the one they built in Tenochtitlán.
Pyritefoolsgold
QUOTE (AllTheNothing @ Jan 16 2009, 05:27 AM) *
A crater of that size would mean an explosion big enough to severely affect the whole downtown, not to mention the falling debrids being scattered over a huge area. Are you sure it's a crater and not ruins/a pile of rumble.

From what I understand, there was a very extensive subbasement into which the whole thing collapsed. So I guess it's like a crater-shaped rubble-filled pile of ruin, out of which cyberzombies, toxic spirits, and forgotten gods sometimes emerge.
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Pyritefoolsgold @ Jan 17 2009, 12:33 AM) *
From what I understand, there was a very extensive subbasement into which the whole thing collapsed. So I guess it's like a crater-shaped rubble-filled pile of ruin, out of which cyberzombies, toxic spirits, and forgotten gods sometimes emerge.

I don't think I got the forgotten gods part, fithered serpents?
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Pyritefoolsgold @ Jan 17 2009, 12:33 AM) *

Does that mean that you have a little feral downtown?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012