Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How much for a human/meta?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Bashfull
How much would an unenhanced meta/human adult sell for in 2070? We know that slavery still exists in 2070. What would, say, a girl destined for a banraku parlour sell for?
Chance359
Add the physical attributes + charisma together and multiply by 1000. They physical attributes representing the health and functionality of the slave.
kzt
I'm told that the going rate for Moldavian girls in Kosovo is a lot less than that. "According to police sources and aid workers, the women ­ and some girls as young as 15 ­ were transported along a well-established organized crime network from their East European homelands to Macedonia, which borders Kosovo to the south. There, they were held in motels and sold at auction to ethnic Albanian pimps for $1,000 to $2,500."
Cardul
Whatever the market will bear, is what I would guess. It would depend on where you are selling. You might be able to get better prices in Seattle then in Chicago...But, I bet teh real money would be in LA
The Jake
QUOTE (kzt @ Jan 5 2009, 03:00 AM) *
I'm told that the going rate for Moldavian girls in Kosovo is a lot less than that. "According to police sources and aid workers, the women ­ and some girls as young as 15 ­ were transported along a well-established organized crime network from their East European homelands to Macedonia, which borders Kosovo to the south. There, they were held in motels and sold at auction to ethnic Albanian pimps for $1,000 to $2,500."

I won't ask who you asked to get that info...

I'm not sure what the (modern) USD to Nuyen currency conversion is. You could probably argue a combination of stats is equal to (Sum of all physical attributes + Charisma) x 100. That would work.

- J.
Jaid
according to feral cities, i believe it was something along the lines of 15 litres of drinkable water iirc in one of the poorer parts of lagos. (though that price is apparently slightly on the low side... the individual in question stated that he never had been able to get one for less than that). the amount might be a little off, but the basic concept is not; it isn't very expensive, if you go to the right place.

(for the record, this is actually not me being facetious or anything like that... some of the shadowtalk in the lagos chapter actually mentions this)
kzt
QUOTE (The Jake @ Jan 4 2009, 09:12 PM) *
I won't ask who you asked to get that info...

Google!

kosovo sex slave moldavian price

http://www.uri.edu/artsci/wms/hughes/ukraine/sskos.htm
masterofm
If I was to look at 2070 I would say it all depends. For one thing guess what some Shadowrunners do without even knowing it? Yeah so when you went to do that extraction you might have actually taken a B list celebrity to be a Johnson's love slave.

The biggest answer is it is all relative. In some areas I would say it wouldn't be all that much due to the fact that if conditions are bad it would be easy to get woman for next to nothing. A country that is in bad shape economically, and politically will probably be bloated with slave trade dealings so you will probably won't get much even for a very pretty woman. In an area where things are dictated by SINs and there is actually tons of regulation I would think that getting the same pretty woman would be more expensive, since you need to forge quite a bit of paperwork, as well as the harder problem of keeping it on the down low, smuggling fees would have to apply, and there would be a lot more middle men involved which would bump up the price substantially.

In the end it all depends on where it is being done and if the market is bloated or not. Supply and demand 101.
Hagga
QUOTE (Jaid @ Jan 5 2009, 04:15 AM) *
according to feral cities, i believe it was something along the lines of 15 litres of drinkable water iirc in one of the poorer parts of lagos. (though that price is apparently slightly on the low side... the individual in question stated that he never had been able to get one for less than that). the amount might be a little off, but the basic concept is not; it isn't very expensive, if you go to the right place.

(for the record, this is actually not me being facetious or anything like that... some of the shadowtalk in the lagos chapter actually mentions this)

10 litres, and he said "Wow, that's a bargain. I've never gotten lower than 20." for a child for a brothel. I think I Asamando buys them for favours, gold, whatever. Mileage varies depending on where you are in the world.
Browncoatone
Years ago for a fantasy campaign I came across the traditional method of pricing slaves, which was basically whatever a slave could earn in five years. So if a joygirl nets 100 nuyen a week (not gross mind you, but after room, board, and whatever drugs they've got her addicted to) then she'd sell for about twenty-six grand. That assumes she's expected to live and be profitable for the full five years. That also assumes that supply doesn't outstrip demand as is probably the case where slavery is technically illegal.

Now this (if I may highjack this threat) begs the question:

How much does Meta-Human flesh go for?

I'm looking towards throwing a moral delima at my players in the not to distant future. While on a run, one of the players (the sucker if I can identify one) will be approached by a young orcish girl who looks like she's never had a hug or a glass of orange juice in her life. Since Orcs are basically full grown and physically mature at the age of 12(ish) I'm thinking about age 10 to put her in the physical equivalent of a human 15 year-old (somebody correct me if I've got the Orc maturity rate incorrect!) The poor unfortunate soul will be sadly failing to hustle some joygirl clients and will basically beg the PC for some business lest her pimp (a very large an brutal Troll just down the street) sell her to the Morlocks (a group of ghouls) for food. Since she's not making a profit and won't last five years in her current situation the standard slave pricing formula doesn't work. When the PC's inquire (or at least we hope they do!) as to the price of the youngster, how much a pound do the ghouls pay for half starved Orc-flesh?
ornot
I've never understood where, in a world with cloning and bioware technology, the market for body parts comes from.

As far as ghouls paying for meat, it probably just depends on how much they have, and how much buying a metahuman saves them in trouble, vs. where else they might be able to spend that money. I doubt it'll be more than a couple of hundred nuyen, upto, maybe, 1000. They can't eat her right off the bat anyway, since they have to kill her and wait for her to rot a bit (remember that ghouls eat carrion, not just meat).

Getting back on topic; the point has been made already that the market varies dramatically, and depends on the security of the woman/girl in question. We can probably assume that noone is going to willingly surrender their freewill, so one must consider the means used to maintain control, be it drugs, threat of violence, or even in 2070, personality rewriting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012