Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cost and rules of being someone else?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BRodda
I'm trying to find rules and costs for personality chips. They talk about them extensively for meat puppets, corpers, and posers, but I can't find any of the rules for them.

Basically I'm looking for Happy Office Worker v2.3, Cool Club Kid vXTC, Elvis Lives v134.3, that sort of thing.

I know you probably need some type of Sim player or skillwires to use them, but how much do they cost? How many points do they cost towards loaded programs? That sort of thing. I know that the Active/Knowsofts will be separate, but the basic mannerisms, slang, and social protocols type stuff.
Rasumichin
QUOTE (BRodda @ Jan 7 2009, 07:44 PM) *
I'm trying to find rules and costs for personality chips. They talk about them extensively for meat puppets, corpers, and posers, but I can't find any of the rules for them.

Basically I'm looking for Happy Office Worker v2.3, Cool Club Kid vXTC, Elvis Lives v134.3, that sort of thing.

I know you probably need some type of Sim player or skillwires to use them, but how much do they cost? How many points do they cost towards loaded programs? That sort of thing. I know that the Active/Knowsofts will be separate, but the basic mannerisms, slang, and social protocols type stuff.

This can be handled as a combination of existing programs.
Simply add together the prices, take the highest availability/legality in the package, probably slap a 10% discount on it.
Of course, one would need the equipment to play back every single component of the program at the same time.
If you combine a lot of high-level skillsofts in the package, this can become problematic, though certain options from Unwired may help a lot here.

As far as the single components are concerned :

Basic mannerisms, slang and social protocol boil down to an Etiquette activesoft.
By that, you can emulate the cool club kid, the well-mannered aristocrat, the street-smart ganger, whatever.
For particularly abrasive personalities, an Intimidation soft may be part of the package, for a sly trickster, a Con soft, for BigBoss 3.01 a Leadership soft and so on.

All of these might contain behavorial modification below the BTL level, though i'm not sure how much of that is possible by RAW without overriding legal ASIST peaks.

To impersonate a specific person (like a fake celeb in a bunraku parlor) would be a specialization of Con.

If you actually want to make the obedient office worker feel happy (or get the meat puppet into the mood for hustling), you'll need an apropriate emotive track from a sim recording.

This will, of course, not achieve the level of a p-fix (even though it may come quite close with the overdrive option).
However, it may be easy to conceal addictive BTL signals in pirated versions of such programs.
BRodda
QUOTE (Rasumichin @ Jan 7 2009, 02:10 PM) *
As far as the single components are concerned :

Basic mannerisms, slang and social protocol boil down to an Etiquette activesoft.
By that, you can emulate the cool club kid, the well-mannered aristocrat, the street-smart ganger, whatever.
For particularly abrasive personalities, an Intimidation soft may be part of the package, for a sly trickster, a Con soft, for BigBoss 3.01 a Leadership soft and so on.

Not sure the cost of a p-fix, but yes that is what I'm looking for. Some sort of "These are the things you like and these are your memories." I have a concept I'm working with and it has someone who slots P-Fixes becasue he would rather be someone else.

So you are saying it would be a package like this (I have a MbW2 so I have 8 points to play with and has Con).

Bob from Accounting package:
Activesofts:
Computer:1
Etiquette:1

Knowsofts:
Accounting:2
CorpX Operating Procedures: 2
Ecconmics:2

Lets see that would take up all 8 points and would cost nuyen.gif 6K for the active and nuyen.gif 6K for the know. So for nuyen.gif 12K in software you can pull off being Bob from accounting. Not to cost effective.
Lilt
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought you could run knowsofts without skillwires/MBW? IE: It's only the activesofts that count against that limit of 8.
masterofm
You basically have to rig the person to be a meat puppet. Data jack, with a forced internal trode net, and skillwires. After that you would force the person into hot sim, take over their body and load any programs you wanted with the datajack and skillwires after that if you want to you can just throw on some sim sense and your there.
BRodda
QUOTE (Lilt @ Jan 7 2009, 02:47 PM) *
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought you could run knowsofts without skillwires/MBW? IE: It's only the activesofts that count against that limit of 8.

I'll be damned, your right. Now I just have to figure out how to shoehorn in a sim player (if I need one with all the cyber he has).
BRodda
QUOTE (masterofm @ Jan 7 2009, 02:55 PM) *
You basically have to rig the person to be a meat puppet. Data jack, with a forced internal trode net, and skillwires. After that you would force the person into hot sim, take over their body and load any programs you wanted with the datajack and skillwires after that if you want to you can just throw on some sim sense and your there.

No the question is for someone who WANTS to be someone else. He already has the skillwires and will willingly load the stuff into Sim (not sure why they would need hot Sim). So your saying that it basically it is easy as long as you are carefull not to get BTL level stuff?
masterofm
If they want to be someone else they need to rig themselves like a meat puppet. Being someone else is basically turning yourself into a puppet one way or another.
Rasumichin
QUOTE (BRodda @ Jan 7 2009, 08:27 PM) *
Lets see that would take up all 8 points and would cost nuyen.gif 6K for the active and nuyen.gif 6K for the know. So for nuyen.gif 12K in software you can pull off being Bob from accounting. Not to cost effective.

If you are a megacorp that produces these softs and also make the worker pay for them by subtracting a part of the equipment cost from his wage, it is cost-effective as hell.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012