Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ryu from Breath of Fire
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Falrien
I have an interesting idea for playing a child (around 10-12 years old.) Who expresses as a Drake.
The Drake side is simple, but what are the rules (stats etc) for playing a child?
Dragnar
Nothing official on that one.
There's a "Help, I'm only a meter tall" negative quality in RC (can't remember the name), I'd say just take that (although it isn't technically available regularly) and don't go overboard on your attributes. No need to overcomplicate things.
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Falrien @ Jan 8 2009, 02:51 PM) *
I have an interesting idea for playing a child (around 10-12 years old.) Who expresses as a Drake.
The Drake side is simple, but what are the rules (stats etc) for playing a child?

I know two breath of fire games in which Ryu starts the game as a child the # 2 and 3.
Which is the one that inspires you?
I would suggest the 2, the tird had a some tecnological components (as wacky as technology was, it had a scientificaly minded chica with a crystal powered bazooka) but it can't beat the catgirl fighter that fights without panties nyahnyah.gif
On the serious side there are no rules for children, you could have a three years old human that's stronger than an adult troll rulewise (which in the Ryu's case wouldn't be unthinkable).
By the way some details?
hyzmarca
3 is the only game in which young Ryu can assume dragon form, however. In 2, he grows up long before unlocking his abilities.

And frankly, I wouldn't start with Ryu as a basis for an SR drake, it invites disappointment. Ryu's dragon forms are powerful enough to go toe to toe with a God and win. SR drakes aren't on the same power scale, not by a long shot. Even Dragon Quarter's relatively limited dragon form would make short work of an army of SR drakes.

AllTheNothing
QUOTE (hyzmarca @ Jan 9 2009, 01:14 AM) *
3 is the only game in which young Ryu can assume dragon form, however. In 2, he grows up long before unlocking his abilities.

And frankly, I wouldn't start with Ryu as a basis for an SR drake, it invites disappointment. Ryu's dragon forms are powerful enough to go toe to toe with a God and win. SR drakes aren't on the same power scale, not by a long shot. Even Dragon Quarter's relatively limited dragon form would make short work of an army of SR drakes.

Dragon Quarter's dragon form was limited but very powerfull, it would have done short of just about anything.
Falrien
I was just using Ryu as a reference point; he is effectively the most powerful of his race. It's basically Rules for childrens statistics that I am looking for
Heath Robinson
In RC, Neoteny has the effect of reducing your physical condition monitor to 6 + (Body/2) boxes due to a lack of physical development. I suggest basing your rules for playing a child off that.
Falrien
I was thinking about going from there and adding additional Attribute modifiers
Heath Robinson
Just don't take your base physical stats too high and increase them as your character grows.
Hocus Pocus
kinda a side note. Do ya'll remeber the name of the song that is played in...i think it was BoF 2. It is after a boss fight, a half woman have insect like thing. The story was a guy and a girl were kids growing up and best friends, she mutates into a monster and is shunned. I think in the confrontation he dies and then you kill her. Afterwards when you automatically leave the castle and come back in you see a figment of the two when they were kids and running around and playing. The song played was very endearing. Anyone remember?
Hocus Pocus
got it Alan and Cerl

it was in BOF the first one.

oh man such a beautiful song...and there is a little bit of play where you see cerl here and some of the story where alan goes back to her here if you go back to this area you'll see these two running as children having fun...i dont' know if this guy shows it in his game play. too trunk righ tnow

brings a tear to my eye.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012