Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I must be blind...
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
paws2sky
For the life of me, I can't find the passage in the BBB 4e that discusses Matrix attributes of vehicles/drones. Specifically, I'm looking for where it says what the base attributes are and how to upgrade them.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
-paws
sinthalix
Drone sample device rating: pg 214

Upgrading stuff: pg 240

More in depth info can be found in Arsenal, starting on page 102.
paws2sky
QUOTE (sinthalix @ Jan 8 2009, 11:10 AM) *
Drone sample device rating: pg 214

Ah ha! That's what I was looking for! I knew it had to be somewhere in the BBB after looking at the drone rigger.

Upgrading stuff: pg 240

Hmm.

Stupid question #2: Do you pay the difference between ratings? Or do you pay the full cost of the new rating?

In other words, if I upgrade a drone from 3/3/3/3 to a snazzier 4/4/4/4, would it cost 3900 (the difference) or 6500 (the total cost)?

More in depth info can be found in Arsenal, starting on page 102.

Cool, I guess I'll check that out when I get home.

Thanks for the quick reply, by the way!

Ryu
Technically you´d get an (old rating) response chip, and would be able to sell it for about 10% of the list price (30% base - 20% used).
paws2sky
QUOTE (Ryu @ Jan 8 2009, 11:37 AM) *
Technically you´d get an (old rating) response chip, and would be able to sell it for about 10% of the list price (30% base - 20% used).

Is this any different at character creation?

-paws

PS I'm trying to do a break down of the Drone Rigger's gear so I can help a friend build a more vehicle-oriented rigger.

PPS At the high end, there's really no reason to buy stock electronics, is there? (Sounds n00bish, but I've been running a very magic-heavy game. The PCs generally kept their electronics to a minimum.)
sinthalix
I'd use the upgrade costs for Response and Signal.

For any other software, I give them (at character creation), 30% for the old and they pay full price for the new rating...but that's just me.
paws2sky
FWIW...

According to my calculations: assuming full price (6500 each) for the vehicle upgrades - as well as improving some existing gear and maxing his starting cash - the Drone Rigger has just over 25,000 of his Resources that went unspent.

Wow.

-paws

Re-EDIT: My math is full of fail. According to my spreadsheet this is actually over 40,000 unspent. Either I'm pricing something incorrectly or this sample character wasted 8 BP.
Drogos
Be sure to check the erratta. They had a number of correction to the archetypes. However, I can't say I'm surprised the resources were incorrectly spent, as it is probably the most time consuming and number heavy portion of character generation.
paws2sky
QUOTE (Drogos @ Jan 8 2009, 12:41 PM) *
Be sure to check the erratta. They had a number of correction to the archetypes. However, I can't say I'm surprised the resources were incorrectly spent, as it is probably the most time consuming and number heavy portion of character generation.

As of the v1.5 errata, I'm not seeing anything at all corrected on this character.

And yeah, you're right, gear selection can be a pain in the ass. Especially if you're playing an unfamiliar character type! One of the reasons I was asked to help figure this character out.

-paws
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012