Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun: Phillipines?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Kludgejob

- Hello all.

I spent some time over at the Sixth World Wiki before coming here, but I wasn't able to find anything too substantial. In short, I'm looking for basic info on the status of Southeast Asia generally, and the Philippines specifically, in around 2070. ( I'm writing a short SR4 campaign which will be taking the players to the Philipines, as well as possibly Thailand and or Cambodia.)

If it so happens that there ISN'T any official info on that part of the world, would people be willing to weigh in with their best guesses and / or neat ideas?
Blue eyes
"Cyberpirates" has about 30+ pages about the situation in the Philippines in 2059. It deals most with the rebel organisation HUK and its fight against the japanese occupation which is also described.

"Dragons of the sixth world" has a short update about the Philippines early 2063 (about 2-3 pages). Since the great eastern dragon Masaru is involved with HUK.

I dont recall if there are any mention about the Philippines other than these. I dont think we have had an update about the area in 2070, but i might be wrong ofc.
Mäx
QUOTE (Blue eyes @ Jan 10 2009, 12:25 PM) *
"Cyberpirates" has about 30+ pages about the situation in the Philippines in 2059. It deals most with the rebel organisation HUK and its fight against the japanese occupation which is also described.

"Dragons of the sixth world" has a short update about the Philippines early 2063 (about 2-3 pages). Since the great eastern dragon Masaru is involved with HUK.

I dont recall if there are any mention about the Philippines other than these. I dont think we have had an update about the area in 2070, but i might be wrong ofc.

Shadows of Asia has a ten pages covering the situation in philippines in 2064. That's the newest info that I can find.
Grinder
Shadows of Asia gives you about 9 pages of information about the island nation - it's pre-Crash 2.0, but that's the most actual info on the area so far.
Grinder
Damn, too slow. grinbig.gif
Kludgejob
- Thank you very much. I appreciate the help.
grinbig.gif
Blue eyes
QUOTE (Mäx @ Jan 10 2009, 06:29 AM) *
Shadows of Asia has a ten pages covering the situation in philippines in 2064. That's the newest info that I can find.

Doh! I knew I had forgotten to mention something, and its the most obvious one ofc wink.gif
Warlordtheft
In SR4 (corporate havens)it mentions the Japs leaving the Phillipenes and going back home at the behest of the Emperor.
AllTheNothing
There was a line or two about Masaru possibly getting his clavs dirty into the clash somewher in one of the Sota books, sorry but there's almost nothing post-crash.
Malachi
I imagine we'll see something when the Sixth World Almanac is released.
FlakJacket
QUOTE (AllTheNothing @ Jan 12 2009, 12:33 AM) *
There was a line or two about Masaru possibly getting his clavs dirty into the clash somewher in one of the Sota books, sorry but there's almost nothing post-crash.

Yup, page 162 of State of the Art 2064. There's about news report a third of a page long describing four days of rioting kicking off as the Huk's revolution kicks into high gear as they try to storm Subic Bay. Also a mention and couple of shadowtalk comments making it fairly obvious that Ares and Yamatetsu are backing the Huk. The only other mention of Masaru is on page 29 about how the female dragon Bai Zhenzhu has been hosting get togethers at her mansion on Hainan island for a range of people including Lung and Ryumyo, sometimes at the same time, and that Masaru has started attending some of them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012