Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ai in a drone shell
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
hobgoblin
so, ai's are immune to any kind of mind magic. do that not make it the perfect anti-magic resource?

for under cover work, put it in a anthroform shell with mimic, and watch the spellcaster go "wtf?!" when that influence spell basically fails to work.

when shit hits the fan, and the spirits come in waves, have it "man" a drone packing big big guns.
Stahlseele
power-bolt is still dangerous, as are things with elemental effect and stuff like telekinesics . . but yes, an AI is kinda hard to kill, as long as it has access to the net . . jsut leave body and go somewhere else . .
Rad
Depends on the force of the spirits and the size of the guns. A spirit can still tear the holy f*ck out of a drone if it's powerful enough. The thing you're forgetting is combat spells, and that's a big thing to forget. Drone bodies provide a measure of protection via object resistance, but it's still possible to blast a drone into spare parts with enough mojo.

Overall, one of the safest anti-magic options, but by no means magic proof.
hobgoblin
well i didnt forget about combat spells as such, its just that people seem more freaked out over the power of mind manipulation spells then combat spells, from the impression i got.

and i dont think i was claiming it magic proof, but that it will be one hell of a mundane resource for slapping magic users around.
Rad
If you'll forgive the pun, I think the reaction to mental manipulation spells is more psychological than practical. It's probably easier to just blow someone away with magic, but mind-raping them into blowing their friends away and then fragging themselves? That's just nasty.

It plays on the whole fear of not being in control, so people freak out about it more than they do about the manaball wielding death-caster.
hobgoblin
could very well be...
Heath Robinson
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Jan 10 2009, 02:04 PM) *
so, ai's are immune to any kind of mind magic. do that not make it the perfect anti-magic resource?

Perfect for dealing with individual magic users.

For handling awakened entities in a large area, you also have FAB III.
kzt
QUOTE (Rad @ Jan 10 2009, 07:50 AM) *
It plays on the whole fear of not being in control, so people freak out about it more than they do about the manaball wielding death-caster.

It's what got us to ban the crap.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012